Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Prowview 5.7 RPI Getting Started

Prowview 5.7 RPI Getting Started 4 years 1 month ago #10493

• Bruce@Spang
  • Senior Boarder
Using a Raspberry Pi 4 -

Trying to get through the 'Getting Started' guide... Discovered that you need to a couple of libraries (I used sudo apt install -y libhdf5-openmpi-dev
sudo apt install -y librabbitmq-dev )

Had to edit /etc/proview.cnf to make qcomBusId 999 (and tried again from scratch - logged out & back in to execute the scripts)

Got the example simple PLC program built - but the runtime would not start, the console messages said something cold not open /usr/local/pwrp/gettingstarted/bld/common/load/ld_node_raspberrypi_0990.dat - checking showed the file, looks fine, privileges fine..? Not sure what to check next.

Tried re-loggin in: Hierarchy "Test" now has NO CHILDREN?? (I had saved every stp of the way...)

Specific questions: Were the libraries installed the 'right ones'?
There's no 'sdf' command in Raspberian - and the name 'sdf' brings up SDF foundation in searches, which doesn't seem to fit. What's the workaround?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Prowview 5.7 RPI Getting Started 4 years 1 month ago #10514

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
Hi Bruce,

The archives are ok, even if the corresponding runtime packages also will do.

When you log in as user pwrp 'sdf' should be defined. pwrp executes /usr/pwrp/adm/db/pwr_setup.sh in .bashrc that defines 'sdf'.

If the error really said 'ld_node_raspberrypi_0990.dat', you should change 990 in /etc/proview.cnf to 999. The QComBusId in /etc/proview.cnf should equal the id in the BusConfig object in the directory volume. You also have to build the node (raspberrypi) from the root volume configurator (not from the directory volume).

/Claes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bruce@Spang

Prowview 5.7 RPI Getting Started 4 years 1 month ago #10518

• Bruce@Spang
  • Senior Boarder
(NOTE: 'ld_node_raspberrypi_0999.dat' is correct - typo)

I am guessing that the script /usr/pwrp/adm/db/pwr_setup.sh is not being executed when pwrp login occurs.
Opening LXTerminal, I do not see any of the alias defined in that script (several pwr_... alias, but no other ones. sdf is undefined.).

Prowview 5.7 RPI Getting Started 4 years 1 month ago #10521

• Bruce@Spang
  • Senior Boarder
As a test, I set up a Raspberian-desktop VM with Proview 5.5 (as close to 5.7 as I could get in a package). All the alias definitions show up as expected - including sdf

By the way, is an i386 .deb expected for version 5.7?

Prowview 5.7 RPI Getting Started 4 years 1 month ago #10522

• Bruce@Spang
  • Senior Boarder
On a debian Buster VM with a Raspberian Desktop, (See www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspberry-pi-desktop/), I tried building the latest 5.7 tarball.

The ./build.sh breaks at rt_cbuf.c line 37 - include co_time.h -> rt_pool.h 93"pwr_Endian_4(unsigned long int offs" is too big for the macro define.

(The package pwr57_5.7.0-1_amd64.deb fails to install for reasons that aren't clear)

Prowview 5.7 RPI Getting Started 4 years 1 month ago #10523

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
It seems to be a 64/32 bit mismatch. Are you building on 32-bit debian? Check your hardware setting in pwre with 'pwre show'. It's probably x86_64 and should in that case be x86. It can be changed with 'pwre modify'.

/Claes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bruce@Spang
  • Page:
Time to create page: 7.571 seconds