Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Class Volume object not present in the palette

Class Volume object not present in the palette 3 years 9 months ago #10666

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
Hi Snarf,

I tried to reproduce this in V5.7.1 but it works perfectly well for me...

The wb_load file is created when you have configured the ClassVolumeConfig object and save in the directory volume. Originally the file only contains two lines with name and volume identity
Volume LibSnarf $ClassVolume 0.0.249.1
EndVolume

When you have edit the class volume, and built the volume, the dbs-file, $pwrp_load/libsnarf.dbs is created. You can examine this file with wb_ldlist, that will show the version of the file and versions of referenced class volumes. It's a indication that the dbs-file is readable.
wb_ldlist $pwrp_load/libsnarf.dbs
Volume LibSnarf ...
VolRef  LibSnarf ...
VolRef  pwrs ...

When you activate 'Update Classes' in the root volume configurator, libsnarf.dbs is copied into the rootvolume database directory, $pwrp_db/'rootvolume'.db and any new classes should be present in the palette.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Class Volume object not present in the palette 3 years 9 months ago #10668

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Many thanks for having taken the time to reproduce. Appreciated.

Following your answers, something has become evident for me which I didn't notice before:
LibSnarf vs libsnarf

Indeed, I remembered being bothered in the past with uppercase / lowercase and that's the case here again.
switching from LibSnarf to libsnarf just half an hour ago in the ClassvolumeConfig make the volume open without issues.

I can also build it and the class objects are present in my palette now. For this part (presence in the palette) I don't known if this has somehting to do with my fresh re installation or with a case sensitive issue because I don't remember how I declared it in my previous trial.

Don't know if you think that an improvment consisting in forcing the classvolume name in lower case could be useful for anybody else in the future or at least a warning if classvolumeconfig name is not matching the global volume liste declaration ? I let you judge on the criticity of this.

Thank for your help that finally greatly helps me to find the root cause.

Snarf

Class Volume object not present in the palette 3 years 9 months ago #10669

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
Hmm...

My ClassVolumeConfig object actually is named LibSnarf, and we usually mix upper and lower case in volume names, so I'm not convinced that this was the root cause.

/Claes

Class Volume object not present in the palette 3 years 9 months ago #10675

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
OK Good to know.
Definitely it saved my issue last time but perhaps the root cause is different
/Snarf
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.496 seconds