Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: some practical questions

some practical questions 3 months 2 weeks ago #10706

• jds
  • Senior Boarder
Hello,
a few questions. I've got a process station running on a PI including a few PI regulators. This is running standalone in the field. Secondly I've got an operator station that can be connected through lan (locally) with a mounted volume to set some parameters and do some debugging. The PID params can be adjusted by a xttgraph.

The questions:
- is there a possibility to store the adjusted paramters? The paramters are send through Av's and loaded with the PLC program with Ap's into the PID en filters. When the node goes down and comes back up, all of the settings are back to the initial settings.
- I've made a sevserver in the operator station, the operator station fetches some values through the values of the mounted volume and the stored into values in the local volume of the operator station (by the plc of the operator station). I can see the values by opening the plc in the runtime monitor, but they are not stored into the local Av's and so they are not stored in de sql databes (only zero's). I'm I doing something terreble wrong here?
- Is there any possibility to create other filter than the standard one like ie. a 4th order bessel filter?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

some practical questions 3 months 2 weeks ago #10707

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi jds,

There is a backup function that write attribute values to file and recovers them at startup. The backup server is configured with a Backup_Config object and each value with a Backup object. If you are running on a rpi you might have to consider wear of the SD card.

Normally you specify configure the SevHist and SevHistMonitor objects in the process station and specify the server node int the SevHistThread object. The history data will then be sent directly to the sev_server process on the server node.

There is a function object for an exponential filter, and you can create a similar function object for a bessel filter. Read in the Designer's Guide, chapter Class editor, about how to create function objects.

/Claes

some practical questions 3 months 2 weeks ago #10708

• jds
  • Senior Boarder
There is a backup function that write attribute values to file and recovers them at startup. The backup server is configured with a Backup_Config object and each value with a Backup object. If you are running on a rpi you might have to consider wear of the SD card
Is there a place where a could define where the backup has to be located? I've used ramlog in the past and it could overcome the wear out of the sd when the backup file is written to it. I only have to make shure that ther pi quits nicely everytime for syncing the ram (did this in the past with a small ups, when the power was gone for a few minutes the pi shuts itself).

Normally you specify configure the SevHist and SevHistMonitor objects in the process station and specify the server node int the SevHistThread object. The history data will then be sent directly to the sev_server process on the server node.
What will happen if the connection is lost between the process and the sevserver, I assume it gives an alarm? Will the connection be restored automaticly when the connection is restored?
There is a function object for an exponential filter, and you can create a similar function object for a bessel filter. Read in the Designer's Guide, chapter Class editor, about how to create function objects.
Will do my best to see if I can mange to get something usefull out of that :)

some practical questions 3 months 2 weeks ago #10709

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
You can specify the path and filename for the backup file in the backup_config object.

A lost connection to the sev server will result in an error status for the sevhistmonitor process and thus also in a system status error, which will cause an alarm.

/Claes

some practical questions 3 months 2 weeks ago #10710

• jds
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Claes, works like a charm!

Next I'm going to try out the redundancy system. I'm feeling a bit like a noob in all of this. I suppose I'll have to configure the secundary node in the "normal" node config. Does this node has to be configured in the project en do it needs to have the same rootvolume loaded? It's not that clear for me.

some practical questions 3 months 2 weeks ago #10711

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi jds,

The redundancy is still a kind of beta version and only works with Modbus TCP I/O. The secondary node is configured in the NodeConfig object for the primary node and nowhere else. It will be a copy of the primary node and share the same root volume. You also have to configure the communication between the nodes with a RedcomConfig object.

/Claes
Time to create page: 2.422 seconds