Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ProviewR on Raspberry Pi

ProviewR on Raspberry Pi 2 years 6 months ago #11239

• Maverick
  • Senior Boarder
Hi everyone,

I've recently got an old Raspberry Pi Model B and I'm planning to do some experiments with ProviewR on it. But first, after reading the documentation, I've got some questions to ask:
-What are exactly the differences between the "Process" and "Operator" stations?
-What does it means exactly when the "cross-compiler" is used on Raspberry Pi? Does it mean that the Raspberry Pi is made as a "Process" or "Operator" station? Or is it about something else?

/Maverick
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ProviewR on Raspberry Pi 2 years 6 months ago #11241

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Maveric,

Actually there is no difference between an operator and process station.

When you use a cross compiler, you compile for another platform. If you have a development station on Ubuntu or Debian and want to build for a Raspberry Pi you have to cross compile the plc program and any c application program to make them runnable on the RPI.

/Claes

ProviewR on Raspberry Pi 1 year 8 months ago #11611

• Maverick
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Claes,

I'm now experimenting with it with the following configs:
-pwr58_5.8.0-1_amd64 on Ubuntu Mate 20.04 in my portable PC as a development station (I've installed the pwrrpi58_5.8.0-1_amd64 package in it as well)
-pwrrt_5.8.0-2_armhf on Raspberry Pi OS Buster (2021-01-11) in my Raspberry Pi 1 Model B board to be used as process station, using the cross compiler

Starting on the development station, I carefully followed the latest document about ProviewR on Raspberry Pi (man_rpi). I successfully configured a project of mine with all the custom build and ARM-related settings, but when I try to build the node for the Prd1 bus, I get the following errors on the workbench messages:

%GSX-F-CCERROR, Error from c compiler or linker
/usr/pwr58/os_linux/hw_x86_64/exp/obj/rt_plc_process.o: file not recognized: file format not recognized
collect2: error: Id returned 1 exit status

So what could be wrong?

By the way, do I need to install the pwr58 package on the Raspberry Pi as well? or it's only for the latest V5.9 release?

/Maverick
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Maverick.

ProviewR on Raspberry Pi 1 year 7 months ago #11615

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Maverick,

The linker is using rt_plc_process.o on hw_x86_64 instead of hw_arm. To find the correct o-files Operating system should be set to CustomBuild in the NodeConfig object, and OperatingSystem in the CustomBuild object should be set to ARM on Linux.

/Claes

ProviewR on Raspberry Pi 1 year 7 months ago #11616

• Maverick
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Claes,

I made sure to follow these settings but I still don't get why does the linker still keeps using rt_plc_process.o on hw_x86_64, repeating the same errors, although I already have the package pwrrpi58 installed in my dev station, and also the folder "hw_arm" already existing in /usr/pwr58/os_linux/ alongside "hw_x86_64".

/Maverick
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Maverick.

ProviewR on Raspberry Pi 1 year 7 months ago #11619

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Maverick,

This was a bug in 5.8.0-1 that was corrected in 5.8.0-1.1. Replace pwr58 and pwrrpi with 5.8.0-1.1.

/Claes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maverick
Time to create page: 8.585 seconds