Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PLC program read remote nodes signal.

PLC program read remote nodes signal. 1 year 8 months ago #11570

• daniel9088
  • Junior Boarder
Hello expert,

I read Designer's Guide in page33, said The PLC program can read signals placed on remote nodes, but cannot write to them. I really need learning how to configure that for my project, like one PLC to read another remote PLC's signal value or status then do something. Some examples would be very helpful. Please.

/Daniel
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PLC program read remote nodes signal. 1 year 8 months ago #11573

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Daniel,

1. Use a WbEnvironment object to load the remote dbs-file into the configurator. The WbEnvironment object is created in the right frame in the Directory volume. Here you specify the path to the remote dbs-file, that usually is $pwrp_load in the remote project. Under the WbEnvironment object you place a RootVolumeLoad object with the same name as the remote volume.

2. Create a MountObject in the root volume, and mount the remote object tree as you do in operator stations. Enter the remote object name with volume specifer, eg VolSomeVolume:H1. Now you should see the remote object tree under the MountObject and can connect GetDi, GetDv, GetAi etc in the plc editor.

3. To configure a QCom link to the remote node, create FriendNodeConfig objects in the directory volume in both projects.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: daniel9088
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.725 seconds