Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Sev server Issue - Proview v5.5

Sev server Issue - Proview v5.5 3 months 1 week ago #11579

  • Snarf77
  • Snarf77's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 899
  • Karma: 0
Hi all and Claes,

It's a long time since I came on the forum so I hope everybody is fine there.

I have a strange issue with my sev server that I would like to share with you:
My plc node is doing some plcs staff and there is some vairables I would like to trend and store as history.
The sev server node is declared and looks fine, ie the pwrp__projectname database is correctly created (I usually delete it to check everything is working) and when ItemList is sent from plc to sev server the database is started to be populated.

But...only my two first float value (Av signal) are stored and then starting from the third one there look to be a memory offset somewhere that is going wrong because the signal name whihc is stored in the mysql database is not more ActualValue but Event and the size of the variable is 0 (instead of 4 byte for two previous analog signals).

I have tried to delete and recreate the SevHist object ; I have tried to point directly on the Av object or directly to the .ActualValue of it but no change.
I have tried to put SevHist below others vairables and behavior is same (only the two first SevHist are working fine then the third is jeopardiez and then no more items can be added).
Note: the two first elements added are working fine and I can see them moving in sev_xtt.

This is a very strange behavior to me that makes me ask for your help

PS: I'm still using proview v5.5. but didn't encounter this issue before so I guess it is related to my current configuration or settings.
PPS: the object id displayed in the tablename of mysql is matching the one of my project. So it's looks in phase / Only aname and related vtype and vsize are not consistent

Thanks in advance
Snarf
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Snarf77.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sev server Issue - Proview v5.5 3 months 1 week ago #11581

  • claes
  • claes's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 3048
  • Thank you received: 454
  • Karma: 125
Hi Snarf,

There was an erroneous default value of QComSegmentSize in the SevNodeConfig object that will give similar problems. Set this to 0 if it has any other value. 0 will give a segment size of 8000.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sev server Issue - Proview v5.5 3 months 1 week ago #11583

  • Snarf77
  • Snarf77's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 899
  • Karma: 0
Hi Claes,
Thanks a lot for your information.
Currently I have 1500 in this attribute so probably the root cause.

I will reset it to 0 immediatly and will also double check its value in other similar projects as I don't remember to face this issue before.

I will revert later on if 0 value solve the problem

Snarf

PS: has this erronous default value already being fixed in a recent proview version ? just to know for my future projects
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sev server Issue - Proview v5.5 3 months 1 week ago #11585

  • claes
  • claes's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 3048
  • Thank you received: 454
  • Karma: 125
Hi Snarf,

Actually the erroneous default value is still there, but the SevNodeConfig object is obsolete in recent versions. A storage server is configured as an ordinary process station with a SevServer object added to configure the server process. Also the pwrsev package is disclosed and the pwrrt packages is used instead. In case you haven't noticed there is a new document on the doc page, Guide to storage station, although some functions are implemented after V5.5.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sev server Issue - Proview v5.5 3 months 1 week ago #11602

  • Snarf77
  • Snarf77's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 899
  • Karma: 0
Thanks you very much for these information that you re right I missed since I have not evolved my setup for quite some time now.

My 1500 value in the QComSegmentSize was definitely my issue's root cause and it's now fixed with a 0 value.

I am working personally at home on other projects with a newer version so I will check your new features probably soon.

Thanks for your help and for your unvaluable work as always!!
Snarf
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 3.504 seconds