Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Docker Xquartz ProviewR Installation

Docker Xquartz ProviewR Installation 1 year 2 months ago #11871

• Sébastien
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Claes,I followed the tutorial installation with Docker and Xquartz under my mac OS 10.14.6 and everything works but when quiting the Xterm terminal the environment is empty it must be redone!
user pwrp doesn't exist anymore!
Do I have to redo the installation each time I quit Xquartz?
Thanks
/seb

Capturedcran2023-02-1023.32.22.jpg
SEB
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Docker Xquartz ProviewR Installation 1 year 2 months ago #11872

• Sébastien
  • Gold Boarder
:pinch: I was able to save a docker image with the help below: docker commit and docker save -o....fichier.tar
so under docker proview works very well and it is directly under my mac which is great. :laugh:

It was too good............

But my problem now is how to import my project because the name of the machine pwrp@456eee45 is different from my starting project: pwrp@jsbv so I redid the same starting project with the same 0.1.1.3 then I deleted in usr/local/pwrp/"the project" that I replaced with the real project with the "docker cp" tool so when I launch proview and open the volume of the project, it blocks ???? I have applied this method on debian machines and it works!
What files in src or db do I have to modify (machine name) for my project to work again?

Thank you

Sébastien
SEB

Docker Xquartz ProviewR Installation 1 year 2 months ago #11873

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 501
Hi Seb,

The BerkeleyDB database that is used to store the volumes are not always compatible between different versions and platforms, and I suspect this could be the problem. In this case it's possible to dump the database to text file in the old project, and restore the database from the text-file in the new project. To dump the database, open a terminal window, attach the project with 'sdf 'project name'', and execute 'reload.sh'. Terminate after the first pass (loaddb). To recreate the database, copy the text-file, $pwrp_db/'volume name'.wb_dmp, to $pwrp_db in the new project, execute reload.sh and now start from the 'renamedb' pass and also run the next 'loaddb' pass.

/Claes
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by claes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sébastien

Docker Xquartz ProviewR Installation 1 year 2 months ago #11879

• Sébastien
  • Gold Boarder
:woohoo:
Hi Claes, The .DEB package has been installed and it works I have my project up and running, I have replaced the SIM999 bus ( 0.1.1.3 of the project ) and also Prd1 with the name of the node so that it connects to the M241 in TCP/IP Modbus, well thanks for everything.

/seb
SEB
  • Page:
Time to create page: 9.472 seconds