Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Modbus TCP Server

Modbus TCP Server 11 months 2 weeks ago #11953

• Maverick
  • Senior Boarder
Hello everyone,
I have read the ProviewR I/O guide about Modbus TCP Server. It is said:

"with the Modbus TCP Server it is possible for external SCADA and storage systems to fetch data from a ProviewR system via Modbus TCP. It can also be used to exchange data between ProviewR systems"

The configuration of Modbus TCP Server and Modbus TCP ServerModule is already clearly explained in the documentation...

So let's suppose that we have configured a Modbus TCP Server in a ProviewR system... But what intrigued me then is how could we access it from another ProviewR system for example? Do we need a Modbus TCP Master object? Or two Modbus TCP Server objects from two different ProviewR systems can communicate to each other through the network? How is the object configuration done?
Any help appreciated.

/Maverick
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Maverick.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Modbus TCP Server 11 months 2 weeks ago #11954

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Maverick,

Modbus communication is always between master and slave, or client and server with the new terminology. Proview has mixed terminology as the master and server where made at different times. So one node has to be a master with a Modbus_Master, a Modbus_TCP_Slave and Modbus_Module objects. The other as server with Modbus_TCP_Server and Modbus_TCP_ServerModule objects.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.723 seconds