Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how does the program detect malfunctions

how does the program detect malfunctions 13 years 7 months ago #987

• suehprom
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello everybody,
I think proview is a nice software and the documentation is as far as I see not bad.
But I am searching for some things I have not found yet and so i am asking you for help.
Is there a function that garuanties me in case of a problem in one plc thread that stops all other plc threads. Maybe I am alittle bit blind and can't find it.

I would appreciate an answer. In case of this functio is missing I could write something like this if I have the time.

Post edited by: suehprom, at: 2010/09/14 14:40

Sorry for if somebody do not understand me, I want to know how this supervision things works and if there are other things like supervision.

Post edited by: suehprom, at: 2010/09/14 14:56
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:how does the program detect malfunctions 13 years 7 months ago #988

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi,

There is a supervision of the plc threads in Proview, and as the plc threads use to have the highest priority they are supervising each other, and if no thread is alive, also the event monitor supervises the plc threads. The supervision is configured with CycleSup objects below the PlcThread objects in the node hierarchy. Here a max delay and a delay action is set. The default configuration will create two cyclesup objects for each plc thread, one with action alarm and one with action emergeny break. Emergency break is usually to stop the I/O but also reboot of the system can be configured.

/Claes

Re:how does the program detect malfunctions 13 years 7 months ago #989

• suehprom
  • Fresh Boarder
thank you, I think this should stand explicitly in the documentation. But where can I find this in the source code??? Is this in rt_emon or rt_plc

Re:how does the program detect malfunctions 13 years 7 months ago #998

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi,

You'll find the code for the cyclesup objects in src/lib/rt/src/rt_csup.c. This is called from rt_plc_thread.c.

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.081 seconds