Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Compile from source with new classes

Compile from source with new classes 7 years 11 months ago #8154

• brunad
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Hi Claes.

Thank you to have had a look on my work.
I gave you as it, with many todo things, because it will be never finished in my mind !

Feel free to make some changes on graphical interfaces. and Title param and make working the scantime button of the controller graph.

For the engine (C functions) Let me some days (weeks ?) to improve it.

I will modify SigGen to have the possibility to apply noise and offset on other wave forms.

Although Delay is close to ADelay, the params to set it are not the same because in my mind I would like to have a separate set of homogeneous and easy to use functions with lagfilter, leadlag fiter etc. (it's coherent to a new volume of advanced control & simulation).

I will send you a list of attributes to hide or not edit in real time. I had let them visible for debug.

Things I have to learn yet:
-I had the idea to make a new proview package but I failed for some reasons.
-I wanted too to write class Help but it failed.

For future, I have the following ideas:
-Make an ARMAX modelling C function to auto-tune IMC controller object (to find out Process Models in real world).
sipe-lecture-4-time-domain-models-14-728.jpg

-Create some industrial processes typical simulations objects (tanks, exchanger, distillation column, oven, etc.)
I will send it all to you when ready.

/Bruno
Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by brunad.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AutoMate

Compile from source with new classes 7 years 11 months ago #8159

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
Hi Bruno,

I'm looking forward to all these new features.

To clarify about the list, I want to separate attributes that should be editable in the configurator from those that doesn't need to be editable. Attributes that can be edited is marked with an arrow and a value can be inserted. Other attributes are still visible and can be connected to graphics or plc objects, but they are not editable. For these the Noedit bit is set in Flags. In runtime usually all attributes are visible.

/Claes

Compile from source with new classes 7 years 11 months ago #8165

• AutoMate
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
CompIMC write-up looks great. Definitely very useful algorithms for Proview for implementing model-based control applications and process simulations. Looking forward to it.

This thread invokes another idea. There is an open source version of Matlab called Scilab/Scicos. Scilab interface support in Proview would compliment two great open source projects.

In Petro-Chem industry, it is common to tether AspenTech, Matlab and others to commercial DCS systems for implementation of advanced, model-based control applications. Distillation column optimization is a typical example. This approach compliments more basic functionality found in commercial DCS and PLC platforms.

www.scilab.org/community/education/automatic
www.rtai.org/index.php?Documentation___API_Documentation
www.rtai.org/userfiles/documentation/magma/html/api/
www.scicos.org/
www.aspentech.com/products/home/

Compile from source with new classes 7 years 11 months ago #8184

• brunad
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Dear Claes & Automate.

Version 2 of the demo with noedits and improved SigGen. Help in progress. Take a look at the "Demo" HMI.

Click here -> Demo v2

/Bruno
Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by brunad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AutoMate

Compile from source with new classes 7 years 11 months ago #8192

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 497
Hi Bruno,

I've tried the new SigGen and it works like a charm. Thanks!

/Claes

Compile from source with new classes 7 years 10 months ago #8236

• AutoMate
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
You both inspire me! Brunad, thanks for sending the Demos. I finally got around to loading Demo2. Very nice. I have been studying your work and Proview source code in an effort to learn by example. Also, I've been studying the Designer's Guide and Wiki on creating custom class objects.

Finally, a couple of test class objects have been successfully built and located under a new tool folder using the class editor method. But, there are a few questions:

1) How to enable Class Help by right clicking on a custom class object and selecting HelpClass from the PLC configurator? In the Proview source code, Class Help appears to be integrated into the .wb_load files?

2) Documentation says: "For $ClassDef and $Attribute objects, there is a documentation block. The documentation block, together with the class description, is used when class documentation is generated to xtthelp or html format when the class volume is built." Can you elaborate on how this works or point to a specific document? Text has been added to $ClassDef and $Attribute document blocks, but don't see where the text appears anywhere?

The goal is to create Class Help for custom objects as nice as all of the standard objects.

Thanks!
Time to create page: 9.123 seconds