Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pwr57 deb packages for x86 from source code

Pwr57 deb packages for x86 from source code 3 years 6 months ago #10777

• Maverick
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Claes,
Instead of using the 5.7.1-1 version of the source code, I built from the version 5.7.0-1 of Proview and it works great.
I also found the 'bld' and 'src' directories for Pwrdemo at the Proview Demo Project (github.com/claess/proview-demo)
Thank you for everything

/Maverick
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pwr57 deb packages for x86 from source code 3 years 6 months ago #10778

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Maverick,

There is a memory leakage in rt_xtt in V5.7.0 that is fixed in V5.7.1, so you should use V5.7.1 instead. Fix the Ge palette by copying xtt/lib/ge/src/pwr_ge_setup.dat to $pwr_exe.

/Claes
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by claes.

Pwr57 deb packages for x86 from source code 3 years 6 months ago #10779

• Maverick
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Claes,
Actually, I found the built from source Proview V5.7.0-1 is more responsive on Ubuntu32 than the one from V5.7.1-1. I don't know why... And I don't know if they somehow behave differently in Ubuntu64 (the memory leak)

/Maverick
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Maverick.

Pwr57 deb packages for x86 from source code 3 years 6 months ago #10781

• Maverick
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Claes,
Although I successfully managed to build a functional pwr57 package... I'm still stuck around building the pwrdemo57 x86 package:
-I found out in one post that the 'bld' and 'src' directories for pwrdemo aren't included in the source tarball, then i found out the Proview Demo Project in Github and i downloaded them so that i could place them in /data0/pwrp/pwrdemo57
-Even though building pwrdemo57 was somehow successful in the terminal, errors appear when installing it:

wb_cmd: cannot connect to X server

The resulting effect: Proview Demo couldn't be launched in the runtime monitor (the development console showing the error "cannot find my own node"), although at best all of the project (hierarchy, plc programs, graphs, I/O... ) can be inspected in the volume

So, i want to ask some questions:
-Did i get the wrong 'bld' and 'src' directories for pwrdemo57?
-Is there anything to edit in these 'bld' and 'src' directories before launching the build command, in order to have a correctly functional pwrdemo57 package?

/Maverick

Pwr57 deb packages for x86 from source code 3 years 6 months ago #10783

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Maverick,

The first error is that wb_cmd needs a working display to be able to compile the plcpgms, so you need to set up this with 'export DISPLAY=...'.

The second is that the demo project is stored with dumped database and have to be reloaded and built before the package can be built. This is the steps to do it (in the next release it will be included in the ProviewR source code and built with pwre, but this is the way in V5.7.1)

- Clone from github to /data0/pwrp/pwrdemo57.
- Insert the project into pwr_volumelist.dat and pwr_projectlist.dat on your $pwra_db

add to pwr_volumelist.dat
VolPwrDemo 0.254.254.200 pwrdemo
add to pwr_projectlist.dat
pwrdemo57 V5.7.1 /datap/pwrp/pwrdemo57 Demo-pwrdemo57 ""

- Attach the project
> export pwra_db=...
> source $pwra_db/pwr_setup.sh
> pwrp set base V5.7.1
> sdf pwrdemo57

- Reload and build the project
> ./build_from_git.sh

Now you should be able to start the project if you set bus id to 999 ('export PWR_BUS_ID=999'), and also to build the pwrdemo package.

/Claes
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by claes.

Pwr57 deb packages for x86 from source code 3 years 6 months ago #10789

• Maverick
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Claes,
Thank you for the last answer. One more step to finish the pwrdemo package.
While running the 'build_from_git.sh' script file, i encountered the following error:

./build_from_git: line 140: 4349 segmentation error (core dumped) wb_cmd -v volpwrdemo @initvol

The resulting effect of this error is that the volume VolPwrDemo couldn't be opened even though it's among the volume listed in GlobalVolumeList

And i don't know if it still has to do with this previous error but even though i used the command 'export DISPLAY=:0.0' the same error involving xserver still persists during the installation of the resulting pwrdemo package

/Maverick
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Maverick.
Time to create page: 8.563 seconds