Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: create a new object graph (to use in GeEditor)

create a new object graph (to use in GeEditor) 8 months 1 week ago #10291

• benoit
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Claes,
I would like to create a new object and add it in the GeEditor objects library.
This new object is a context bar like you can find in a high performance HMI.

See below the detail:

context_bar.jpeg

Q#1: What is the different steps to create a new object graph?

Q#2: Can I add a new folder (named for example 'high perf HMI') in the objects graph tree?

Thanks.
/Ben
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by benoit.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

create a new object graph (to use in GeEditor) 8 months 1 week ago #10292

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 357
Hi Ben,

To create a subgraph you set subgraph to 1 in GraphAttributes. Then you draw the subgraph with basic objects as rectangles and polylines, and finally set in the default dynamics in GraphAttributes. For subgraphs that represent a specific class you can use the HostObject dynamics. You can also create animated subgraphs by drawing several pages.

A subgraph created in a project will appear under Local/Subgraphs in the palette, and there is normally no way to customize the palette. It is specified in $pwr_exe/pwr_ge_setup.dat so you could edit this file, but these changes will be lost when you upgrade to a new ProviewR release.

The possibilities to draw subgraphs are quite limited and more complex subgraphs as bar, trend, axis, xycurve, pie, table and barchart are made as graphic components with c-code behind. They are part of the ProviewR release, and there is no user interface to create them. It looks as your example falls into that category.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: benoit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 2.170 seconds