Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: DSTrendCurve Adding Buffers Causes Seg Fault

DSTrendCurve Adding Buffers Causes Seg Fault 2 years 5 months ago #11274

• sdockter
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
ProviewR V5.9

I added a DsTrendCurve object to the volume, then added several CircBuff20k objects to it as children. Opened up the DsTrendCurve object and tried to add the CircBuff20k to the Buffers array. Can't select any of the check boxes with the mouse. Using the right arrow on the keyboard causes a segmentation fault and crashes the volume editor.

If I move the CircBuff20k objects so that they are not children of the DsTrendCurve I can manually enter the CircBuff20k objects into the Buffer array from the middle pane in the volume editor. Can't add them manually in the object editor.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael.schalck

DSTrendCurve Adding Buffers Causes Seg Fault 1 year 7 months ago #11631

• michael.schalck
  • Fresh Boarder
I was testing both ubuntu 20.04 and Debian 11 and got this fault where the volume editor crashes, but I just tested it on my Proview running on a raspberry pi running RPIos. And here I could define a trendcurve with no issues contain more than 3 values without the volume editor crashes.
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by michael.schalck.

DSTrendCurve Adding Buffers Causes Seg Fault 1 year 6 months ago #11698

• michael.schalck
  • Fresh Boarder
I have tried to see if there was a workaround for creating this DsTrendCurve without crashing the Volume browser...
Unfortunatly i cant really find a patern in how i shall be created. I did managed to create 2 DsTrendCurve objectets with the circulate buffer as a child.
But now when i tries it again it looks like my precess for creating this donĀ“t work any longer...
Guess there is a bug in the 6.0.1 as well in 5.9.x
However with a lot of crashes and reopening the Vol editor, and adding/deleting the buffer its possible to create the DsTrendCurve objects, but it requries some patience and "trial and error"
Some tips after my little session.
1. Add the DsTrendCurve Object.
2. Add the time buffer
3. Add time buffer to DsTrendCurve
4. Save
5. enter Edit Mode
6. Open DsTrendCurve and add the Attributes for all analog signals.
7. Save
8. enter Edit Mode
9. Add 1 buffer for signal.
10. Save
11. enter Edit mode
12. Add the signal buffer to DsTrendCurve obj. Here the volume browser might crash, but after 2 crashes i managed to get in in.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by michael.schalck.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 7.559 seconds