Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: rt_bck process timed out

rt_bck process timed out 13 years 6 months ago #1047

• Maden
  • Expert Boarder
Hello,

when using a fairly long timeout value in the backup object, the process times out. The Runtime Monitor reports \"Process timeout\" for rt_bck. I don't know if this has any consequences, since the backup file seems to be written correctly at the defined timeout value.

This happens when using timeout values like e.g. 4500 for CycleFast and 9000 for CycleSlow. When using 450/900 everything is normal.

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Ondrej
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:rt_bck process timed out 13 years 6 months ago #1049

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Ondrej,

The event monitor (rt_emon) supervises the other system and application processes and the timeout time for rt_bck is 60 s. For the moment the timeout times are hard coded, but hopefully they will be configurable in the future. I can see the need for this if you use a flashdisk. The timeout doesn't affect the backup process and you can actually fool the supervision by writing the current time into the ProcTimeStamp[8] attribute of the $Node object from for example the plc.

/Claes

Re:rt_bck process timed out 13 years 6 months ago #1053

• Maden
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Claes,

yes, I'm using a CF disk for data storage and I want the variables to be backed up only every 30min. I don't really understand why the backup process is indicated as timed out because it is still alive and working. If I understand this correctly the supervision process should indicate that the backup process is not doing anything within a timeout period. But in this case is it actually doing its job. That is waiting for the next write cycle.

Ondrej
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.647 seconds