Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Profinet configuration problem

Profinet configuration problem 13 years 4 months ago #1270

• pavkata
  • Junior Boarder
Hello,

I have some question about the profinet configuration. I tried to make a configuration, but appeared following errors in log file:

E pwr_plc 3069 10-12-19 15:23:22.77 Starting profistack returned with error code: 55537
E pwr_plc 3069 10-12-19 15:23:22.77 Failed to inititalize io, %IO-E-ERRINIDEVICE, initialization device '%s'

Is it necessаry to use same special lan card? When i wrate the command for profinet viewer in console the next message is comming:

Softing PNAK not built with this Proview release
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Profinet configuration problem 13 years 4 months ago #1272

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi,

There is no open source profinet stack available, so what we have done is to make an interface to a proprietary stack from Softing, ie you have to by this from Softing.

Softing has a somewhat odd approach to distribute this stack. They require that you send your linux system to them so they can build their driver to this specific kernel. I'm quite disappointed to Softings way of handling this, and it surely will not be a best seller.

The interface archives and include files does not have any GPL license, i.e. we can not build any release that we distribute with this archives. The users have to install the archive and build Proview from sources.

/Claes

Post edited by: claes, at: 2010/12/19 21:58

Re:Profinet configuration problem 13 years 4 months ago #1274

• pavkata
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,

Thank you for the answer. I have a idea to test a communication between siemens Winac controler and Proview system. Is it possible to do this with a remote tcp or udp configuration?

Post edited by: pavkata, at: 2010/12/19 23:07

Re:Profinet configuration problem 13 years 4 months ago #1276

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hi pavkata,

Yes, you should be able to communicate with tcp or udp. There is a section in the Designer's guide on how to configure remote communication.

/Robert
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.966 seconds