Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ModbusTCP doesn't poll continuously

Re:ModbusTCP doesn't poll continuously 13 years 4 months ago #1290

• esixtyone
prio 22, scan time 0.100, mean 0.100, coverage 0.120

this netbook is setup @ 100ms.

on the other netbook, I set the plc thread to 400ms. I checked it was actually running at this rate yesterday...

May be unrelated, but I'm not sure about the difference of sim999 and Prd BusConfigs. The nodeconfig objects under each are identical. Any problems with that? (Still fuzzy on what all these bits actually do! - need some more time to work through this stuff...)

Wondering if I should grab version 4.7 and try that. What do you think? do you know if there are any modbus changes between these versions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:ModbusTCP doesn't poll continuously 13 years 4 months ago #1291

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hmmm,

There are really no changes between in Modbus between 4.7 and 4.8. Could of course be a mistake with the build. I know there was an old bug (which now should be fixed) with having several NodeConfig-objects with same name. You could try with just removing the bus that you are not running.

ResponseTime needs to be set to less than 1s (< 1000 ms).

Continous operation without SingleOp should be the default setting.

-Robert

Re:ModbusTCP doesn't poll continuously 13 years 4 months ago #1292

• esixtyone
on this setup, I pretty much just used a vanilla default setup. Only really set the IP address of the slave. I left the port set to 0 (obviously it defaults to use 502)

response time is 200, Single Op is No, continuous is Yes.

Deleted the Prd1 BusConfig. rebuilt and restarted the runtime. Same.

Do you have a modbusTCP slave to test with? starting to wonder about if it is Fedora14 specific?

Ben.

Re:ModbusTCP doesn't poll continuously 13 years 4 months ago #1293

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Ben,

Terribly sorry for all the trouble. I think we need to test the Fedora-build to see what happens. I'm quite sure it works on the Debian-build (which I use myself), can't confirm though since I'm off for the Christmas holiday. I'll be back on Monday again. Hopefully Claes (who produces all the packages) can make some test with the Fedora version.

I'll test it on monday if there is no response until then.

If you like to try you can use Proview both as a Master and as a Slave. You configure the Slave with a Modbus_TCP_Server. This should make it possible to test between two Proview-systems. This will though probably fail too I guess.

:unsure:

-Robert

Re:ModbusTCP doesn't poll continuously 13 years 3 months ago #1341

• esixtyone
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Robert,
Happy new year!
Did you or Claes try out this on Fedora 14 yet?
I haven't tried using Proview to Proview modbus comms, but I have tried two well known Modbus TCP slaves (one is a software software simulator). Neither worked.

Keen to get this working... so I can explore Proview further.

Ben.
Time to create page: 8.513 seconds