Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bus Id question

Bus Id question 13 years 3 months ago #1374

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi all,

After long analysis I finally jumped into my first real project programming and I encounter some strange behaviour concerning the bus ID.

Indeed, I created a small project with two root volumes (one for process station and onefor an hmi station) and two nodes connected on those.

As usual the proview navigator has created one simulation bus and one production bus with my two nodes below each buses.

I created three basic plc and some dv signals and I compiled the nodes and volumes without problem but I was unable to launch the runtime monitor in simulation on the development station. The error message was:

F Could not open file /usr/local/pwrp/test1/bld/common/load/Ld_boot_proviewvm_0517.dat
F Could not open file /usr/local/pwrp/test1/bld/common/load/Ld_boot_proviewvm_0517.dat
F Cannot find my own node in /usr/local/pwrp/test1/bld/common/load/Ld_proviewvm_0517.dat

Note: proviewvm in my virtual machine name and also simulation node name.
test1 is the project name.

By looking at the pointed error, I guess the 0517 is the bus Id because I got quite the same file name but finishing with 0999. I consequently tried to adjust the bus id config with:
export PWR_BUS_ID=999
as explained in designer guide, but still got the same result and unable to launch runtime.

I finally modify the object BusConfig of the simulation bus to match the 517 and the runtime monitor has started quite correctly (rt_qmon is down but probably for other issued, I will check that later).

I don't understand why modifying the system variable $PWR_BUS_ID has not solved my problem. Have I forgot something else ?

PS: the NodeConfig name of my development station has been renamed un-intentionnaly and then put back to its default value. Can this be a clue ???

Thanks in advance for your answers

Snarf

PS: I'm running Proview 4.8.0 under Ubuntu 10.10 x64 in a virtual machine.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Bus Id question 13 years 3 months ago #1375

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
Hi Snarf....,

Many newbies including me have problems with the BusID, production/simulation part.

Have you seen this one:

From Claes...]
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.

Re:Bus Id question 13 years 3 months ago #1377

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Marc,

Thanks a lot for your help. I looked for Bus Id in with the forum search tool but it returns so many answers I couldn't check them all..

The error is exactly the same and it confirms my first impression (that' s at least a good point) but I don't understand why the \"export PWR_BUS_ID=999\" has not worked.
When typing \"echo $PWR_BUS_ID\" it returns to correct value (999) but I still got the discrepancy between the node config number and the default value proview seems to look for.

I modified the busconfig so it's working now but I'd like to understand the whole process and how to change this if I need it in the future...

Thanks

Snarf
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.692 seconds