Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: (lots of...) Newbie question

(lots of...) Newbie question 13 years 3 months ago #1392

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi All,

Still learning how to program with proview and I encounter the following problems. If anyone can help, I would be grateful.

1. When starting my process node in simulation bus with the runtime monitor I got the rt_qmon process in yellow colour with link down status. My XttGRaph and plc progs are working (at least in simulation) so what is exactly this qmon process for and how can I troubleshoot it to make everything \"greeen\".

2. I'm not able to succeed in getting a DSup object (located in a plc plcprog object) to give an alarm on the operator monitor. The Dsup object is displayed in red in the plc trace and I defined the hierarchy of my plant in the EventSelectList of my OpPlace object but I got nothing.
I first would like to be sure of the exact syntax to be used for the plant hierarchy to use in the SelectListEvent. In the getting started gude the plant hierarchy is flat (single level depth) but in my case it is not like this. Should I still point to the top hierarchy part or just above the prog launching the DSup object ? Can this problem be linked to my first issue ? What can I have forgot additionnaly to this ?
PS: I got a \"unable to load event list\" message when I click in the \"Alarm\" menu of the top operator monitoring top banner.

3. Rather than working in simulation, I would like to distribute into a runtime process station but I got those warnings when preparing the package:
(see image distribute_warnings attached)

Attachment distribute_warnings.zip not found

Can someone help me to understand why those files are missing and whether it is critical or not ?

Many thanks in advance for both your time and answers.

Snarf

Post edited by: Snarf77, at: 2011/01/12 17:49
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:(lots of...) Newbie question 13 years 3 months ago #1394

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Snarf,

1. rt_qmon is the qcom montor that handles communication betwee nodes, and link down means that you have configured a node in the project on the current bus that rt_qmon is unable to open a link to. Usually you will find some info in System Messages if you get an error status.

2. In EventSelectList you state a hierarchy from toplevel and down, eg H1-H2-H3 or H1, not H3. If you start rt_xtt from a terminal windiow with the opplace object as argument, eg

> rt_xtt Nodes-MyNode-Op

the eventlist will be loaded correctly. I know there were some problem with the eventlist loading when starting with the opplace selection dialog, but I thought that was fixed...

3. Below the NodeConfig object in the Directory volume there is a Distribute object which specifies which files you want to insert into the distribution package. The default configiuration doesn't match the files you have generated for the moment. As long as the messages are yellow, ie warnings, thay are not critical. The rtt_....dat files are crossreference files that you generate with the command 'create cross' in the configurator. These will help you a lot when you debug the system. The other you can deselect in the Distribute object and the warning messaged will disappear.

/Claes

Re:(lots of...) Newbie question 13 years 3 months ago #1395

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you so much Claes for your reactivity (you're a robot !!)

1. You're Right.
I have one process node and one hmi node that I did't start for now.
So error is normal.
Which System message do you talk about ? I only see the main proview console and the node information (accessible in the operator top banner) but I got only \"link down\" info and \"returned NULL\" as log message. Is there something else I didn't found ?

2. I put the top plant hierarchy name to be sure for the moment but I still got nothing in the banner. Thanks to your command I succeeded in opening the alarm list (so the problem you spoke about is perhaps not completely solved) but the list is empty even if my DSup object is activated. What could be missing ?
Note: In the node details (where process statuses are displayed) I saw on the rt_emon line a message saying \"new outunits (qid: xxxxx; oid: xxxx).
Where can I find the reference to the object versus the number displayed ? Is this something good or a possible explanation of the failure ?

3. OK. Thank you very much.

Thanks again for your help.

Snarf

Re:(lots of...) Newbie question 13 years 3 months ago #1399

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Snarf,

With System Messages I mean the consol log, the map in rt_xtt to show the consol log is System/System Messages.

I think it's still a problem with the EventSelectList. Note that you can't change it in runtime, unless you set SelectListIsUpdated.

/Claes

Re:(lots of...) Newbie question 13 years 3 months ago #1410

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
As usual you're right Claes,

It appears it was just a question of refresh as everything comes to work when restarting proview.
But I already restarted the runtime a few time before and it seems not to be sufficient. How do you exactly update the select list, I just can't find the option ....
Another related question is: should I put the plant hierarchy in the eventselectlist of my own op place or in the default op place (I can't understand well the purpose of this one as I'm supposed to use only the other one, I'm perhaps missing a concept there...). To be sure, I added the same hierarchy in the default op place and after restart it's working. I consequently don't know if the solution is due to the restart or the fact I added the hierarchy in the default op place.

Concerning the system message, I feel stupid but I'm not able to locate it. It's probably due to my english but I don't understand what you mean by \"the map in rt_xtt\".. Sorry for this.

Rgds

Snarf

Re:(lots of...) Newbie question 13 years 3 months ago #1412

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Snarf,

If you are using the Restart button in the Runtime Monitor, you ar making a 'soft restart'. It means that the plcprogram is exchanged, new objects in the development database are also created in the realtime database and deleted objects are removed. But there is one important limitiation, changes of attributes in existing objects are not transferred to the realtime database. So if you for example have changed the EventSelectList it is not enough to do a soft restart, you will have to first stop Proview runtime, and then start it again. This might explain your problems to set the EventSelectList.

If you don't specify an OpPlace object at start of rt_xtt, it uses the opplace object OpDefault (if there is a valid user stated in the UserName attribute). So if you login to do some trouble shooting, you just type 'rt_xtt' and get the setup from OpDefault, and if you use it in this way, you should fill in the EventSelectList in OpDefault also. Note that if one user starts rt_xtt with an OpPlace object aready used by another user, he will steal the alarms and events from this user, so you should have different OpPlace objects for different users.

In the runtime navigator (xtt) on the toplevel you have the menu alternative 'System' and under this you'll find 'System Messages'.

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.449 seconds