Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: handling valve operation in PLC

handling valve operation in PLC 5 years 4 months ago #10049

• barnes
  • Expert Boarder
I'm sure there are many ways to solve your problem.

I would use only the set digital value (SetDv) and reset digital value (ResDv) from different parts of your code.

If a part of your code is executing and closing your valve when you don't want it to, you will need to insert a latch in series so it only operates once. Then reset the latch when needed.
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by barnes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

handling valve operation in PLC 5 years 4 months ago #10050

• TrygveHe
  • Senior Boarder
Tanks.

I understand this a bit better now. I was inverting the signal from the order before sending it to the SetDv. But I see now and understand the use of the ResDv is the correct way of doing this.

I have another issue with the valve handling that I didn't find a solution for in the documentation. Some valves are in manual mode and I want to fore all valves into Auto mode. How do I do this?

Regards
Trygve

handling valve operation in PLC 5 years 4 months ago #10053

• barnes
  • Expert Boarder
I'm not sure of exactly what you are asking but the use of a hand off auto switch might be your answer. This is a simple three position switch in series with the digital value output to the valve. When the switch is in the auto position the proview plc digital value controls the valve, when in the hand position the value is forced open no matter what the plc is doing, and off would be the valve forced closed.

Typically I install real hand off auto switches located next to the equipment but a three position Proview switch would do the same thing.

Sounds like you are having fun with your process, good luck.

handling valve operation in PLC 5 years 4 months ago #10055

• TrygveHe
  • Senior Boarder
I'm probably not explaining the issue understandably. I use the BaseMValve component for my valves. When I check the faceplate for some valves the are in manual mode and I have to set them to auto for the PLC to be able to operate them. I would like to force all valves in auto mode at startup. Or can the BaseMValve be set to auto as default?

Trygve

handling valve operation in PLC 5 years 4 months ago #10057

• barnes
  • Expert Boarder
Sorry, not familiar with the BaseMValve. I would just program my own valve control. Sometimes trying to figure out what someone else has done is harder than doing it yourself from scratch.

I have had some difficulty changing default values.

handling valve operation in PLC 5 years 4 months ago #10058

• barnes
  • Expert Boarder
So I went and checked out the help class for the BaseMValve. It looks like Mode.OpAutoOnly is an attribute for the object.

I have used the function

gdh_SetObjectInfo("Nodes-Hscada-H1-Valve1-Mode.OpAutoOnly", &d1, sizeof(d1));

to set values on startup.
Last Edit: 5 years 4 months ago by barnes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TrygveHe
Time to create page: 8.469 seconds