Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Inv function does not invert

Inv function does not invert 5 years 2 months ago #10149

• TrygveHe
  • Senior Boarder
Finally I got time to look at my Proview code again.

I tried it again and the plc that is found in ps x is newly compiled.
But I don't understand everything about the nodes. When i shall compile to nodes come up in the dialog box. The first is named as an older project that i have abandoned. The second is named as the current project. In RootVoumeConfig the older project name come up under the Sim998 folder.
I have built both nodes but only the old one show up under 'ps x'.

As mentioned earlier my other plc programs in the same projects apparently run fine. Even other parts of the plc program with the non-running inverters is working fine.

Does this information gives any new clues, apart from showing my lack of understanding of Proview?

Regards,
Trygve
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Inv function does not invert 5 years 2 months ago #10150

• AutoMate
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
TrygveHe,

It is easy to make a mistake when configuring object databases. A misplaced object in a tree structure can often cause unexpected trouble. A few screen shots of your project, directory and volume might shed some light?

Also, because your 100 msec plc thread is running behind, try slowing it down to 1000 msecs to give your I/O a chance to keep up.

/Ron

Inv function does not invert 5 years 2 months ago #10152

• TrygveHe
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Ron.

Thank you for the quick reply.
Her are screen shots of my project.

Trygve

2019-01-29-073847_502x427_scrot.png

2019-01-29-074356_902x427_scrot.png

2019-01-29-074513_902x744_scrot.png

Inv function does not invert 5 years 2 months ago #10197

• AutoMate
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
The only odd thing I see is the use of so many plcpgm threads. While an interesting structure for tidy code and technically correct, I wonder if you are able to take full advantage of the grafcet batching functionality and if this plcpgm structure might be causing other timing issues? You may consider reducing the total number of PLC threads to see what happens. The bread furnace demo is a good example on coding batching functions. I know very little about micro brewery, but imagine it is a very batch oriented process.

Inv function does not invert 5 years 1 month ago #10206

• TrygveHe
  • Senior Boarder
Hi

Thanks for the tip.
I have reduced the number to 5 plc programs, but still one AND block is not working.
I see that the temperature control demo has all the code in one plc.Is that the correct way to do it? And then organize the program in multiple sheets or sub-sheets?

Regards
Trygve

Inv function does not invert 5 years 1 month ago #10207

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Trygve,

Actually I think Ron is mixing PlcPgms and PlcThreads. You only have on PlcThread and thus all PlcPgms are executed in sequence after each other in this thread. So they can't interfere with each other and there is hardly any difference between having hundreds of PlcPgms or just one single PlcPgm.

If you are using any C arrays or pointers in CArithm or DataAritem it is possible to write outside object borders and get this kind of strange behavior.

/Claes
The following user(s) said Thank You: AutoMate
Time to create page: 8.398 seconds