Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SevHist Configuration

Re:SevHist Configuration 13 years 2 months ago #1630

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Alleluia !!!!

You're definitely the master, claes....

(a big thank also to aop for your help).

After the privileges are granted the error remained and I had to delete the direIn plain text if the SQL DB is hosted on an other PC you have no access to the DB by using the mysql client.ctory .db and to restart runtime as you explained in your previous post.

But now, I have my history window open ....:woohoo:

Many many thanks

Snarf

PS:

aop wrote:
In plain text if the SQL DB is hosted on an other PC you have no access to the DB by using the mysql client.

and you give the msql command to grant privileges to user pwrp@\"%\".
Does this mean it is possible ? or is it for another kind of access ?

Again ... thank you very much for your help
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:SevHist Configuration 13 years 2 months ago #1631

• aop
  • Senior Boarder
With pwrp@% you allow to connect to the sql server from any host (server and client may be different computers). With pwrp@localhost you can only connect to the db on the localhost (client and server are running on the same computer).

That's it. Of course from security point of view it is a security hole to access a database with unrestricted access (grant all) from any hosts in the network, without any password protection as per default with user \"pwrp\"

You can define a new user with read- access to the proview historian database with remote access rights \"@%\". Because the sev_server is always running on the computer, which has installed the mysql DB, you can change pwrp back to pwrp@localhost.

regards peter

Re:SevHist Configuration 13 years 2 months ago #1632

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Thank you Peter,

I totally share your point concerning the security threat and I will do restrict access right to read only as soon as I will switch to real project.

Other point is I need further analysis of the data I recorded (with an external calculation tool). Do you know if there is a feature to \"export\" the data displayed in the history window into csv or text format ?

If not I will have to create it externally from Proview with php web page. Not a big deal but ideally I would like to have it integrated in proview to avoid the operator to switch to another interface as the one of proview is really user friendly.

EDIT:
I read in the dev guide that we can create menu and popup menu (don't understand everything but look powerful). Can I use this feature to add an external action in the history window to launch a script or action which will dump the database to txt file ? anyone played with this feature before ?

Snarf

Post edited by: Snarf77, at: 2011/02/16 19:40
Time to create page: 8.417 seconds