Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: graph opening from alarm or plc code

graph opening from alarm or plc code 12 years 10 months ago #2413

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi all,

In my test software, I have a control order which requires some initial conditions to be validated. In case those conditions are not fulfilled (and order is sent) I would like to display a xtt graph (pop up) which will display the missing conditions.

To do so I currently generated an alarm but I don't know how to trigger an action (xtt graph opening or equivalent) based either on this alarm or to the condition that triggered the DSup object in the plc code.

Does anyone has any idea how to do that ? Is that only feasible ?

Thanks in advance

Snarf
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:graph opening from alarm or plc code 12 years 10 months ago #2419

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
HI Snarf,

Maybe you can use the DigCommand dynamic in Ge. This will execute and Xtt command when a digital value is set to true, eg the action of a DSup. If the command is 'open graph' a graph will be opened. But it requires that the graph that contains the DigCommand dynamic is open when the alarm condition is set. If you have some kind of overview graph that is always open you can set the DigCommand dynamic on any object is this graph.

/Claes

Re:graph opening from alarm or plc code 12 years 10 months ago #2421

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Claes,

thanks for answer, I will try this asap. But as I need this to be always active, is there a way to disable the close command for a Ge grap (the one I will put the DigCommand onto...) to ensure it will always be open.

I understood from your answer that there is no other way to manage this without passing through a Ge graph. There is no plc module that could directly issue a xtt command, right ?

Thanks for all

Snarf

Re:graph opening from alarm or plc code 12 years 10 months ago #2423

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
No, there is no way to remove the x icon. And only the rt_xtt process can execute xtt commands.

/Claes

Re:graph opening from alarm or plc code 12 years 10 months ago #2443

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
I gave a try to the DigCommand feature which does the job correctly for now. (Ensuring the graph is open will be another issue !!)

And as I enjoy this feature, and as I have a lot of this to use, I tried also with an integer input using the following syntax for the DigCommand.attribute :

Plant-SubPlant-Object.MyInt32Attr##Bit#32[2]

I got a segmentation fault opening the graph.

Does this DigCommand only works with Dig(ital) command as its name let suppose or do I have a chance to make it work in a bypass manner ....(I guess no but it worth asking...)

Thanks

Snarf

Re:graph opening from alarm or plc code 12 years 10 months ago #2445

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Bits are not supported for the DigCommand dynamics. You can use a Boolean, Int32 or UInt32. The integers are only tested for zero and not zero.

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 7.588 seconds