Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Crosscompile for Fox board G20 on Ubuntu 11.04

Re:Crosscompile for Fox board G20 on Ubuntu 11.04 12 years 9 months ago #2481

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Don't worry, there are only two computers involved. The Installing Proview section only describes the copying of the arm release and some other files in more detail, and you are rignt, if you have followed the intructions most of these files are already copied. All the copying are made from the development station to the embedded file system.

The copying of project files described in the Project section can be done by the Distributor, though you have to create the directories on the embeded system first.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Crosscompile for Fox board G20 on Ubuntu 11.04 12 years 9 months ago #2488

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Claes,

thanks for your time...

I think I've never been so close but .... I still have an error remaining.

I must have a Base directory path problem as illustrated below when I build the node:

[code:1]
- Build node debarm
-- Plc window generated ARM-Prog-W
-- Plc window compiled for x86_linux optimized -O3 ARM-Prog-W
-- Plc plcpgm compiled for x86_linux optimized -O3 ARM-Prog
-- Web startpage generated $pwrp_web/index.html
-- Building archive for volume: 000_001_001_001
-- Archive built for volume: 000_001_001_001
-- Working with load file volume 'VolTestarm'...
-- Open file...
-- Successfully created load file for volume 'VolTestarm'
-- 36 objects with a total body size of 29200 bytes were written to new file.
-- Creating bootfile for node debarm
-- Plc thread generated priority 22, scantime 0.00100 s, 1 plcpgm's
Not a base directory: /home/myuser/Downloads/pwrsrc_4.8.2-1
/usr/local/pwrp/testarm/bld/x86_linux/exe/custom_build.sh: line 33: /usr/pwr48/os_linux/hw_arm/exp/exe/wb_gcg.sh: No such file or directory
Not a base directory: /home/myuser/Downloads/pwrsrc_4.8.2-1
/usr/local/pwrp/testarm/bld/x86_linux/exe/custom_build.sh: line 33: /usr/pwr48/os_linux/hw_arm/exp/exe/wb_gcg.sh: No such file or directory
[/code:1]

This is confirmed by the command:
pwrp set base Basev482_ARM
which return: not a base directory

Nevertheless pwr_projectlist.dat contains:
%base Basev482_ARM /home/myuser/Downloads/pwrsrc_4.8.2-1

ITo understand the error, I re read the release note and it appears that when adding the pwre environment I probably did a mistake in the \"build root\" parameter. In the doc it is related to a /home/pwrd/pwrrls_4.7.1 and I didn't have any release directory so I used to root directory where I unpacked the source. What is this directory supposed to be ?

I don't know if the \"No such file or directory\" error is a consequence or not but is true that the custom_build.sh script point to a hw_arm sub directory of /os_linux that doesn't exist. My question is : is the link bad (and should point to hw_x86 directory which exists) or should the subdirectory hw_arm exist (in this case which step could I have missed ??)

Many thanks for supporting me

Snarf

Re:Crosscompile for Fox board G20 on Ubuntu 11.04 12 years 9 months ago #2489

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
HI Snarf,

if you type 'pwre show' in your arm build environment I guess that it shows Platform x86, and this should be arm. To change this you execute

>pwre modify 'env'

and enter 'arm' for Platform. Then repeate the build sequence from 'pwre create_all_modules'. You can delete the hw_x86 first.

Don't forget to set OperatingSystem to CustomBuild for the rootvolume. The compile message for the plc in the terminal window should say 'cross compiled'.

/Claes

Re:Crosscompile for Fox board G20 on Ubuntu 11.04 12 years 9 months ago #2495

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Claes,

Yesterday I started again from scratch in case I jeopardized something by trying again and again.

I have now a base release with os_linux/hw_arm directory which seems coherent.

I double checked the pwrp_profile file (x86_linux replaced by arm_linux), the rootvolume Operating System has been modify to Custom build and everything looks correct.

Nevertheless, when trying to build my volume I got the follwoing error:
in the workbench message:
%GSX-F error from C compiler, see terminal for error
in the development console:
[code:1]
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Welcome to
arm V4.8

Revision history
2011-07-21 pwrp Project created
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
-- Processing line: 67
-- Building volume directory
-- Opening volume 'VolArm'
Berkeley DB 4.8.30: (April 9, 2010)
info get: 0
-- Plc window generated Plant_ARM-ARMProg-W
Not a base directory: /home/pwrp/Proview/pwrrls_4.8.2
/usr/local/pwrp/arm/bld/x86_linux/exe/custom_build.sh: line 33: /usr/pwr48/os_linux/hw_arm/exp/exe/wb_gcg.sh: No such file or directory
%GSX-F-CCERROR, Error from c compilator, see terminal window
-- Web startpage generated $pwrp_web/index.html
Not a base directory: /home/pwrp/Proview/pwrrls_4.8.2
/usr/local/pwrp/arm/bld/x86_linux/exe/custom_build.sh: line 33: /usr/pwr48/os_linux/hw_arm/exp/exe/wb_gcg.sh: No such file or directory
[/code:1]

My understanding is that it can't find the file wb_csh.sh because it's looking the wrong base release (/usr/pwr48 should be /home/pwrp/Proview/pwrrls_4.8.2). And this one is false because it can't set the correct environment as the Set base command failed (Not a base directory).

My base directory seems not correct but I can't understand why ? (it exists and the sub directory looks identical to the /usr/pwr48 except that x86 is replaced by arm ...)

If anyone has a clue, I'm interested in ...
Snarf

EDIT:
After digging into script, I have a clue but not the solution.

Indeed the set base command failed not because of the build root directory but because of the hw type internally to pwra_env.sh.
I echoed the $hw parameter to screen and it was x86 instead of arm. That is why he doesnt find the $baseroot/$os/$hw/exp/exe/pwrp_env.sh file which exist under /home/pwrp/Proview/pwrrls_4.8.2/os_linux/hw_arm/exp/exe/pwrp_env.sh but of course not under /home/pwrp/Proview/pwrrls_4.8.2/os_linux/hw_x86/exp/exe/pwrp_env.sh which doesn't exist.

but the $hw argument seems to be set before entering the custom_build.sh script but I don't know where so I can't dig deeper ...

Post edited by: Snarf77, at: 2011/07/22 11:36

Re:Crosscompile for Fox board G20 on Ubuntu 11.04 12 years 9 months ago #2496

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
HI Snarf,

As a work around for the moment you can create the directory os_linux/hw_x86/exp/exe and copy pwrp_env.sh there.

/Claes

Re:Crosscompile for Fox board G20 on Ubuntu 11.04 12 years 9 months ago #2498

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
Claes,

Instead I modify the \"machine\" internal parameter inside pwra_env.sh from x86 to arm and volume compile and build now works... The console effectively says \"Cross compilation...\" and the build ends without (major) problem.

I guess doing this modif will prevent me from building anything else than arm but it confirms that the problem comes from here and for the moment I have to make this work before anything else...

As far as I understand, the \"uname\" command used in the pwra_env.sh script will never return 'arm' as it is launched on the development station. So I don't know by which mechanism it is possible to set it correctly. What do you think about that ?

When you did the try did you have this variable correctly set ? and how ?

To be continued...

Post edited by: Snarf77, at: 2011/07/22 12:25
Time to create page: 8.339 seconds