Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Plc Timing Problem

Plc Timing Problem 6 months 3 weeks ago #12155

• FoxMan
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi all,

I have a very strange and annoying problem with a ProviewR project that I did not create myself.
The PLC program runs twice as fast as configured. A cycle time of 100ms gives a count of 20 per second in the Plc thread, one second gives a count of 2 per second and so on. As if that wasn't annoying enough, the TimeCount in the Timer and Wait blocks runs four times faster than configured, so that 30 seconds are counted down after 7.5 seconds.

The problem is actually project-specific, all other projects run normally. It also doesn't matter whether I use ProviewR version 5.9.0-2 as compiled from source or the binaries from the website. Also the operating system (Ubuntu or Debian) makes no difference. I can solve the problem by building a new project with the same name and volumes and then restoring the contents via a reload of the dump file of the original project (reload.sh from classvolumes). I can even replace the wb-loadfile for the directory with the original one without the error returning. So the problem is not fixing the error, but the queasy feeling that remains when the cause of the error is/remains unclear.

Does anyone have any ideas or has run into this problem before?

/Martin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Plc Timing Problem 6 months 3 weeks ago #12156

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
Are you sure you have only one plc executable running? More than one (same version plc) running (on a development station (?)) can create timer problems what I can remember....many moons ago.....

/Marc
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FoxMan

Plc Timing Problem 6 months 3 weeks ago #12159

• jds
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Idd,
I had the same problem a time ago: link
The problem was that my development node and production node had the same system name. You can see if you got the same problem when one 1 system is showing up when compiling. When doing so, there are 2 PLC's running the same database resulting in an unexpected result in timings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FoxMan

Plc Timing Problem 6 months 3 weeks ago #12160

• FoxMan
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi Marc, hi jds

it is exactly as jds pointed out in the post a year ago. The project I received actually contains two nodes (BYS and bys) that have identical names except for the lower case.

OriginalProject.png

What's a bit weird is that it didn't help that I adjusted the simulation node to my training environment (prvwtrain03). The scan time still remained at twice the value. Only inserting the project dump and loadfile of the directory into a new project solved the problem as described in my original post.

I have carried out further investigations:
To do this, I set up another runtime system (Prd2: 64-bit version ProviewR 5.9.0-2 on RPI 4B) and did a force build. On the Prd2 the times were correct, nothing changed for the simulation system prvwtrain03 (times still wrong).

ChangedProject.png

I then deleted the runtime system Prd1 and did another force build and lo and behold, the error is gone. Of course, this is easier than the way around via a new project.

I thank you for your advice and consider the problem solved - even if I didn't understand all the details (I never saw a second PLC process). The main thing is that the problem can be reproduced and avoided.

Super system, super forum - Using ProviewR you'll never walk alone!

/Martin
  • Page:
Time to create page: 7.585 seconds