Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hilscher cifX driver interest ?

Re:Hilscher cifX driver interest ? 13 years 6 months ago #1036

• slos
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Robert,

As already mentioned, Hilscher's configuration tool SYCON.net is included in the delivery allowing to configure any board with any of the supported protocols.

Of course, the API allows also to configure / diagnose the boards by program, which means that a configuration tool could be included in Proview.

It seems to me quite a big job, particularly if you plan to provide all the buses Hilscher boards provide connectivity to, but it is not infeasible with manpower and faith.
Others may choose the easy way for configuration and diagnostic.

Oh, by the way, there is also a TCP/IP server, available with source code and running on Linux allowing remote diagnostic.

Best Regards,
Steve
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Hilscher cifX driver interest ? 13 years 6 months ago #1045

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Steve,

For sure it is a big job to implement configuration tools for all the protocols. However since the Profinet configuration tool already exists in Proview it will be nice to use this one since it also fixes all configuration needed in Proview.

To implement the rest of the protocols I guess it is a much easier way to go to start with the SYCON-tool. In the future these can maybe also be implemented as configuration tools in Proview.

Kind regards

Robert
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 8.974 seconds