Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sauvegarde de Proview

Sauvegarde de Proview 1 year 2 months ago #11897

• Latapoune
  • Junior Boarder
Bonjour à tous,

Je viens vers vous pour vous demander des explications sur le fonctionnement de Proview : je n'ai pas compris comment sauvegarder un projet puis le restaurer sur une autre station de développement. Il est bien possible d'avoir plusieurs stations de développement ? Comment cela se gère concrètement sur l'ordinateur et entre station ? Et si c'est possible de basculer un projet vers une autre station, comment reconfigurer les volumes pour qu'il soient adaptés à la nouvelle station ?

J'espère que ma question est assez claire.

Merci !

Seb
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sauvegarde de Proview 1 year 1 month ago #11903

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Seb,

ProviewR is not designed to support several development stations as the volume databases can't be merged. If is though possible to make a copy of a project, and continue to work in the copy, and then copy back the database to the original project and continue to work there. The volume database uses BerkeleyDB and can be copied directly if the copy is of the same platform and version. In other cases you have to dump and reload the database with reload.sh. To start runtime on another node, you can create another NodeConfig object in the directoy volume. You have to place it under another bus config object though as you can't have two nodes with the same root volume under the same bus. You have to set the correct platform in OperatingSystem in the NodeConfig object, and also in 'File/Volume attributes/OperatingSystem' in the root volume.

There actually is a revision function in ProviewR that is not much used. It dumps the databases to text-files when a revision is created and commits the revision into a git repository. So if one adds all source files into the repository it would be possible to create a copy by just cloning the repository and recover the latest revision. The projects can then be updated by creating new revisions and pulling and pushing to the respositories.

/Claes
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by claes.

Sauvegarde de Proview 1 year 1 month ago #11904

• Latapoune
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Clae,

Thanks for your answer. This means that the development station must be particularly well safeguarded as it is a strategic position.

When we went from version 5.xx to 6.xx, I couldn't install the update because Proview 6 needed a more recent version of Ubuntu. At the same time I wanted to change my machine for the development station, this was the opportunity. So I installed a new version of Ubuntu (Mint) on the new machine but I couldn't transfer Proview and all the projects to the new machine. Fortunately I was not yet in production, but in test period. Today I'm in production and I would like to be sure that this problem won't happen again in the future.

Is the handling you describe the only solution to perform a physical machine migration?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Latapoune.

Sauvegarde de Proview 1 year 1 month ago #11905

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Seb,

If you migrate to a machine with the same Linux distribution you don't have to dump and reload the database. But if you switch between different versions or platforms, it depends on how compatible the BerkeleyDB databases are, and the safe thing is to make a dump and reload on the new machine.
If you switch to another ProviewR version you should also read the release notes and execute possible upgrade scripts.

/Claes

Sauvegarde de Proview 1 year 1 month ago #11908

• Latapoune
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Clae,

Thank you for your answer. In my case, it's really very simple: just provide backups of the dev station in case of problem.

By the way, I come back to my first question: how to backup a dev station in the simplest way? Do you have to backup the whole operating system or can you just copy some folders? If yes, which ones? That's what I don't understand.
Thanks

Sauvegarde de Proview 1 year 1 month ago #11909

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Seb,

You have to backup

- your projects, that by default is created under /usr/local/pwrp but it's possible to specify another path when you create the project.
- /usr/pwrp/adm/db that contains the project and volume lists, and the user database.
- /etc/proview.cnf.

/Claes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Latapoune
  • Page:
Time to create page: 9.209 seconds