Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Runtime environment setup

Runtime environment setup 16 years 5 months ago #101

• Bertolino
  • Fresh Boarder
Hallo,

I have now a simple application tested on my development PC. I have also installed the runtime package on a second PC but is there some documentation on how to distribute an application?

I tried to copy some file where the runtime monitor, after the start, told me but I dont kwnow all the files required and where to put most of them.
I have copied the files located in the ...\load folder (ld_node....dat, ld_boot....dat, vol...dbs) and it seems to me is that pwr starts but not the plc program.
In addition the monitor says that java is not installed (it is true) and I don't know if it is required or not.
Am I far from the goal or not so much?

Thanks in advance,

Giulio
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Runtime environment setup 16 years 5 months ago #102

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi,

I can't find any doc on the distributor either, we have to do something about that.

You only need to install java if you want to use the web interface.

I you copy by hand, you also have to copy the plc execute file on $pwrp_exe/, plc_xxx and set the x and s bit, and make root the owner. But thats not how you're supposed to do it. You're supposed to use the Distributor, start it from the Functions menu in the configurator. Select the node in the Distributor and activate Distribute. Now all the files needed, will be collected into a package in $pwrp_load, the package will be copied to /home/pwrp on the process or operator station, a script will to started via remote shell to unpack the package (and remove the previous).

To make this work you have to
- have a Distribute objekt under the NodeConfig object in the DirectoryVolume for the node you wan't to distribute to.
- allow remote shell, by starting the remote shell deamon.
- create a .rhost file on /home/pwrp with the name of your development nod.

If you don't want to start remote shell, you can unpack the package by hand:

> pwr_pkg.sh -i 'packagefilename'

the package file name is pwrp_pkg_'nodename'_'version'.tgz

/Claes

Post edited by: claes, at: 2008/06/16 09:42

Re:Runtime environment setup 16 years 5 months ago #103

• Bertolino
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the help,

but I don't understand too m much:
When I produce the distribution file (now a pwrp_pkg_pclim09_0007.tgz is really produced) I get also a lot of warnings that could be important. They are documented in the attached file Messages.png.

Anyway, when I try to distribute it to the proer node (Functions->distribute) I get a positive message saying that the package has been correctly distributed but then no file has been copied on the target PC (see file Messages.png)

If I had to unpack manually the distribution file, must it be copied in /home/pwrp before unzipping it?
And if I am expected to distribute it in a more \"automatic way\" what exactly means
- allow remote shell, by starting the remote shell deamon.
- create a .rhost file on /home/pwrp with the name of your development nod.

Thanks,

Giulio

Re:Runtime environment setup 16 years 5 months ago #104

• Bertolino
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Runtime environment setup 16 years 5 months ago #105

• Bertolino
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry for the files : they are here (I hope)

Attachment Messages.gz not found

Giulio
Attachments:

Re:Runtime environment setup 16 years 5 months ago #106

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi,

You have to copy the .tgz file to /home/pwrp on the remote node before unpacking it.

I don't think the warning messages are the problem. The files that should be included in the package is configured in the Distribute object for the node in the Directory volume, and in the default setting the distributor tries to find some files that isn't created yet, and that you don't need on this stage.

The automatic copy is made by ftp, and the unpacking is made by rsh, so ftp and rsh has to work (you can see the commands in $pwrp_tmp/pkg_pack.sh).

rsh isn't installed by default for security reasons. You have to install rsh-server and rsh-client. To start the daemon edit /etc/inetd.conf and remove the comment before shell, login and exec. See 'man rhosts' for info about the .rhosts file.

/Claes
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.312 seconds