Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Database is locked

Database is locked 13 years 4 months ago #1233

• Grzegorz
  • Senior Boarder
Hi,
I'am using the 4.8 live cd version of proview because of problems with libc6 on ubuntu - but I'm saveing my project on a USB pendrive on /media/USBname/GettingStarted. I'am just learning it therefore please have patients to me. I've been working with the getting started guide pdf ond stopped on page 14 about counfigurating the VolGettingStarted. After clicking next to configure it I have been haveing a popup: Databse VolGettingStarted locked by user pwrp - after clicking remove lock. In terminal I get:
/usr/pwr48/os_linux/hw_x86/exp/exe/wb_start.sh: line 37: 4740 Killed wb -q \"$username\" \"$password\" $database
and all quites... and I have only the project list...

Before the popup I got a info in the terminal: unable to open graph /media/USBname/GettingStarted/bld/x86_linux/exe/_no_.pwg
some lines after that I got: /usr/pwr48/os_linux/hw_x86/exp/exe/wb_start.sh: line 28: 4679 Killed wb $username $password $volume $4 $5 $6 $7

Please help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Database is locked 13 years 4 months ago #1234

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
Why don't you stay with v4.7?
The v4.8 is pretty new and the livecd as well.
I am still in the learning curve as well.
The \"Started guide\" and v4.7 is good enough for me to learn.
I gave v4.8 a quick try as well. There is a problem with the \"help window\" as well, it become black after a couple of clicks, I can't remember the error message anymore.

For me it is better to stay at a LTS version from Ubuntu (10.04) and Debian Lenny (stable) isn't supported as well.

If you need new hardware support like the Velleman K8055 or one-wire, then you can update the classes from v4.8 in v4.7

Post edited by: marc, at: 2010/12/11 23:39
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.

Re:Database is locked 13 years 4 months ago #1235

• Grzegorz
  • Senior Boarder
I'm trying to install something else because of \"ubi-summary failed with exit code 141\" error after trying to install ubuntu 10.04.01 LTS. Can somebody help me?

Re:Database is locked 13 years 4 months ago #1236

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Grzegorz,

I'm not sure it's a good idea to place the project on the USB-stick, there could be some problem with the BerkeleyDb database. I suggest that you place the project on the default location under /usr/local/pwrp instead and use the Backup/Restore functionality to store the project.

/Claes

Re:Database is locked 13 years 4 months ago #1237

• Grzegorz
  • Senior Boarder
I've tried as You said, and it's better (if I can say it like that) . After trying to configure the VolProjectName (after clicking next) I get:
/usr/pwr47/os_linux/exp/exe/wb_open_db.sh: line 37: 4222 Bus error wb -q \"$username\" \"$password\" $database
But running a new terminal and writing:
sdf ProjectName
pwrs VolProjectName
It's all good. Should I be worried about that error?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.674 seconds