Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: No runtime on Processor Station

No runtime on Processor Station 5 years 8 months ago #9781

Hi,

Im trying to create a process and operator stations on two PCs with Ubuntu 16.04

After:
installing Ubuntu on user Pro-PC,
updating Ubuntu,
installing Gdebi,
installing Proview using Gdebi,
installing openssh.server,
installing openssh.client.
logging out of Pro-PC,
logging in to pwrp

There are no desktop icons or any Proview executables within user pwrp.
There were however folders installed /pwrp/x86_linux/'exe','lib', 'lis', 'obj'
All these folders were initially empty, but folder exe received 2 files from my development station after i distributed a volume to it.

I was able to start the processing station from terminal with this command:
pwr_start
The good news is that the processor pc is definitely communicating with the plc, but i can't seem to start the Ge environment.

All the stations seem to be communicating fine, the only thing i cant seem to accomplish is starting the Ge.

Is there a terminal command for this please?
I've downloaded gnome and created an application pwr_rtmon.sh (with the right script in it) and then changed the owner from root to pwrp. When i try to run it though it says that there is no directory /home/pwrp_profile.
Should /home/pwrp_profile be installed by default or only for java (browser) requirements please?
/home/pwrp_profile wasn't created during the installation for pwrrt, if i manually create them: what should be in the folders please?
Attached is the warning i receive when i try to distribute the volume.

Setup Details:
Ubuntu 16.04.4-desktop-i386
pwrrt_5.5.0-1.2_i386.deb

Regards,
Chrisjan

PS. Thank you for your videos Ben - they have been very helpful.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

No runtime on Processor Station 5 years 8 months ago #9782

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
Proview starts up while booting.
Check in /etc/proview.cnf the "qcomBusId".
The standard wizard on the development station sets this: BusID=1

There are no icons created in an operator-process station.

Login over ssh and source pwrp_profile

$ source /etc/pwrp_profile

You can install a package with: $ pwr_pkg.sh -i <package-name>
You can test with: $ rt_ini -i
You can stop with: $ pwr_stop.sh
You can clean the database with: $ pwr_clean.sh

To start the graphical operator station (autologin - pwrp) you can for example create a script named: proview_start.sh and
name this script in the autostart file of your window manager. Probably in ~/.config/autostart
Don't forget to make this script executable.

The script can look something like:

#!/bin/bash
source /etc/pwrp_profile
rt_xtt -q Nodes-Operator2-OpPlaces-Op

Be sure the Node-name fits the "project-name" created on the development station.
In case of the example script Operator2.

Good luck.

/Marc
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by marc. Reason: too quickly...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jansen van Vuuren

No runtime on Processor Station 5 years 8 months ago #9783

Hi Marc,

Thank you for responding!

BusID=1 : confirmed
hosts.cnf also contains the correct IP addresses, as per Ben's video.

rt_ini -i : showed errors, i then used "pwr kill" and then "pwr start", Enter, "source /etc/pwrp_profile" , "rt_xtt -q Nodes-Operator2-OpPlaces-Op" to open up the HMI monitor.

When i distribute a volume to a node, does it do the same as what this command will do:"$ pwr_pkg.sh -i <package-name>". If so then I would only need this command if i load proview over USB, right?

Few notes that somebody might find useful:
I recognized the above commands from the [url=http://http://www.proview.se/doc/en_us/index.html]guides[/url]. The documentation (especially guidelines) from this link was easier to work with for me because the documents are together and the bookmarks is the table of contents.

I made the right mistake in setting up a new user database for my project, which requested an unexpected username and login. To my surprise it wouldn't accept pwrp-pwrp as username and password. I then created a new systemgroupReg and userReg - to avoid having to re-write a project from scratch - which luckily worked out fine.
I am now asked for a username and password on the processor station, im not sure how to automate that login at this stage but i try to figure it out.

Ben mentions in his video: "Proview - Tutoriel N°12: configuration d'un système multi-statio" that root volume and operator $MountObject should look the same. Do you know of a way to copy-paste the objects from root volume into the operator volume please? I tried multiple ways but none of them worked, perhaps you know.

Thanks again Marc,
Chrisjan

No runtime on Processor Station 5 years 8 months ago #9784

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Chrisjan,

Can you post the errors of rt_ini -i ?

/Marc
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.

No runtime on Processor Station 5 years 8 months ago #9785

@Marc
Unfortunately not, it seems to operate fine if i start it.
I do remember it giving a fatal warning saying that something is weird in the database.

I also recall seeing that same error on my development station once when i learned to use reset to get rid of it. Initially the volume had over 100 lv signals used in my PLC which i ended up deleting because i later found out that a more simpler code will work fine. After that i rebooted my pc and when i tried to open a volume a proview window poped up and asked the i had to remove a lock. I clicked the remove lock button, started the runtime and received that error.

If that is the same error then it is carrying everything over to the other nodes and i might have to end up writing the whole volume anyways. I hope not though.

Chrisjan

No runtime on Processor Station 5 years 8 months ago #9786

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
Hej Chrisjan,

Messages like weird in databse, a lock etc. are normally no problem.
pwr kill, pwr_stop and pwr_clean removes and clears semaphores, shared memory and other stuff flying around from sessions before.

I am not up-to-date to all kinds of copy/past possibilities, "dig the forum"....
Especially after user Snarf....

/Marc
  • Page:
Time to create page: 9.220 seconds