Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Alarms in redundant setup

Alarms in redundant setup 1 week 6 days ago #12291

• jds
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello,
I bounced against a new issue: simple setup, 2 nodes redundant to each other (node1/node2), and an operator station.
When node 1 is active and the op station boots up^, all the alarms in the operator window are working as expected. When there's a switch and node2 becomes active, none of the alarms are coming through.

Same but than the other way around: when node2 is active and the op station boots, all of the alarm are coming through, when there's a switch to node 1, none of the alarms are coming through.

I think there's something missing in the way the redundancy communicates with the operator station. For ex. I've got a nodelinksup object in the op station supervising the redundant node. Of course for the system this looks as one node and after a restart of the op station, the name of the process node which is active at that time is displayed. When switching to the redundant node the supervised values are switching to, but the name displayed will still be the node which was actives at boot of the op node.

Maybe the two cases are linked together or (the most probable case) something is configured incorrect?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Alarms in redundant setup 1 week 5 days ago #12294

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi jds,

Exchange of alarms and events is configured by placing a RecomPacket object under the MessageHandler object in the node hierarchy.

Updating the node name for nodelinksup objects at switch over will not be fixed by this. It's something we have missed I'm afraid.

/Claes

Alarms in redundant setup 1 week 5 days ago #12295

• jds
  • Expert Boarder
Ok thanks!
again a user error ;)
What hierachie do I need to select in the packet, is this my plant hierachie?

the nodename is the last of my worries, so prio 99,9

Alarms in redundant setup 1 week 5 days ago #12296

• jds
  • Expert Boarder
something I can answer myself: the plant hierachy is a way to go.

Other remark: when using the standard pump aggregate the runtime isn't synchronised, so the runtime is different for each redundant node. the number of starts is equal. Is there a way to synchronise them?

Another problem: when switching between the nodes it triggers the alarm "link down to node1" or "...node2". This is a logical alarm, but the alarms from the node who was in "passive" mode during the restart of the op station can be acknowledged but won't go away and build up everytime a switch happens.
For ex. node 2 is acitive during the boot of the op station. When switching to node1 the alarm appears that the link to node 2 is broken. This alarm can be exepted and goes away. When switching then back to node2 the alarm that the link to node1 is broken. This alarm can be accepted but doesn't disappear. When repeating the whole process, node2 and alarms are working correct, but everythime a new alarm from node 1 appears and doesn't go away so the alarmlist is building up with the same alarms.
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by jds.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 7.392 seconds