Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Moving a ProView 4.6 project to a 4.7 installation

Moving a ProView 4.6 project to a 4.7 installation 13 years 11 months ago #701

• Maden
  • Expert Boarder
I have a project developed with ProView 4.6 and I want to move it to a new installation of ProView 4.7 on a different machine. How do I do this?

Just moving the old project directory in /usr/pwrp/<project> to the new machine doesn't work. How can I get the old project to show up in the new ProView installation? I need the project to be visible in the Project List in order to run the upgrade script, is this correct?

Thanks, Ondrej
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Moving a ProView 4.6 project to a 4.7 installation 13 years 11 months ago #702

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Ondrej,

The projectlist is a text file $pwra_db/pwr_projectlist.dat with one entry for each project. Copy the entry for your project, and change the version to 4.7.

You also have to copy the entries for the volumes of the project in $pwra_db/pwr_volumelist.dat.

/Claes

Re:Moving a ProView 4.6 project to a 4.7 installation 13 years 11 months ago #703

• Maden
  • Expert Boarder
Hi Claes,

I updated both $pwra_db/pwr_projectlist.dat and $pwra_db/pwr_volumelist.dat and ran the upgrade script upgrade.sh

Now when I open the project I get the error message
%LDH-E-NOSUCHVOL, no such volume exists

What's wrong ?

Re:Moving a ProView 4.6 project to a 4.7 installation 13 years 11 months ago #704

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Ondrej,

The first step in the upgrade procedure is to dump the databases to text files with reload.sh, when you are still on the V4.6.1 version. This should generate one .wb_dmp file for the directory database and one for each volume on $pwrp_db.

In the upgrade.sh script $pwrp_db/directory.wb_dmp is renamed to directory.wb_load which is the new directory database. Does this file exist ?
The other .wb_dmp files should generate new databases .db on $pwr_db, and the old databases are renamed to .db.1. Are there any new databases ?

/Claes

Re:Moving a ProView 4.6 project to a 4.7 installation 13 years 11 months ago #705

• Maden
  • Expert Boarder
I ran the reload.sh script already on 4.7, so that was wrong.

Proceeding as you adviced I now get some errors during the running of upgrade.sh

[code:1]
Pass load database
Do you want to continue ? [y/n/go] y
-- Loading volume volbruciatore

Proview is free software; covered by the GNU General Public License.
You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of this license.

Proview is distributed in the hope that it will be useful
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

-- Processing line: 8344
-- Building volume VolBruciatore
E Wbl error: Unknown attribute, /usr/local/pwrp/bruciatore/src/db/volbruciatore.wb_dmp line: 50
E Wbl error: Unable to convert string to value, /usr/local/pwrp/bruciatore/src/db/volbruciatore.wb_dmp line: 8133
E Wbl error: Unable to convert string to value, /usr/local/pwrp/bruciatore/src/db/volbruciatore.wb_dmp line: 8125
E Wbl error: Unable to convert string to value, /usr/local/pwrp/bruciatore/src/db/volbruciatore.wb_dmp line: 8109
E Wbl error: Unable to convert string to value, /usr/local/pwrp/bruciatore/src/db/volbruciatore.wb_dmp line: 8117
F Errors when loading volume: 5 errors found
Berkeley DB 4.7.25: (May 15, 2008)
info put: 0
info get: 0
int rc = m_txn->abort(): 0

- [/code:1]

and then later on

[code:1]
Pass compile plcprograms
Do you want to continue ? [y/n/go] y

Proview is free software; covered by the GNU General Public License.
You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of this license.

Proview is distributed in the hope that it will be useful
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

info get: 0
I Database opened /usr/local/pwrp/bruciatore/src/db/volbruciatore.db
%GSX-E-REFOBJ, referenced object does not exist
in object O23_Impianto-O24_Plc-O25_W-O2919_GetDTp11
E %GSX-E-REFOBJ, referenced object does not exist in object O23_Impianto-O24_Plc-O25_W-O2919_GetDTp11
%GSX-E-REFOBJ, referenced object does not exist
in object O23_Impianto-O24_Plc-O25_W-O2917_GetDTp10
E %GSX-E-REFOBJ, referenced object does not exist in object O23_Impianto-O24_Plc-O25_W-O2917_GetDTp10
wb_vrepdb::adopt, n.put rc -30995
%GSX-F-CLASSERR, error in class definition, syntaxcontrol aborted
F %GSX-F-CLASSERR, error in class definition, syntaxcontrol aborted
%LDH-E-NAMALREXI, the name is already used for an other object

[/code:1]

Doesn't look good, does it ?

Re:Moving a ProView 4.6 project to a 4.7 installation 13 years 11 months ago #706

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
The first load error on line 50 is probably from an OpPlace object. Some attributes are removed from this class, so that's ok. The other 4 errors are probably references to objects that has been removed. You have to look in $pwrp_db/volbruciatore.wb_dmp on the lines 8133, 8125, 8109 and 8117 and see what kind or references it is. If it is references in SigChanCon in channels objects it is ok, otherwise you have to correct it later when you have loaded the database. The two first compilation errors may well have to do with these missing references.

The names of the objects (O23_...) implies that you have managed to load the dump twice into the same database. Remove the database $pwrp_db/volbruciatore.db and run upgrade.sh again from the loaddb pass (enter 'loaddb' as startpass). Stop before the compile pass to fix the missing references.

/Claes
Time to create page: 8.559 seconds