Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Arduino on ARM

Arduino on ARM 12 years 8 months ago #2616

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,

Thanks to Claes advice and some slight adjustment in the compiling script, I now succeeded in having my FoxG20 board working with Proview.

I'm now interested in connecting a Arduino Module on it but I just can't.

I made a try with 115200 and 9600 bauds in case there is some limitation somwhere but nothing worked.

I tried with Proview configured in I/O process or in plc process.

In plc Process I always got: Failed to initialise I/O... Error config 14 which means after decoding Di, Do and Ai Config error.
Indeed, I used in my code only three signals which are effectively Di, Do and Ai but configuration seems OK (pin number and conversion value correct).

What is the most strange is that I got absolutely no orange led on the arduino (neither Rx/Tx nor \"L\").

If configured with I/O process I don't got the Config error but still got init failed (no read or write action found for this process)and the same \"no led\" symptoms.

the device is correctly seen as /dev/ttyACM0 in the ARM and I tried to set full privileges on it (666) even if this must be useless as I'm connected as root on the ARM.

Is there something special with ARM to \"activate' or autorise the use of USB ??To be sure the USB port of ARM is usable I tried with a classical storage USB key and I cant browse it normally so is there something different with Arduino ??

If anyone could help me to overcome this problem or to understand the issue, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

Snarf
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Arduino on ARM 12 years 7 months ago #2622

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Snarf,

The default setting on the tty device is different on emdebian compared to Ubuntu, so you have to use stty to modify the settings:

> stty -F /dev/ttyACM0 -icrnl -opost -onlcr -isig -icanon -iexten -echo -echoe -echok -echoctl -echoke
> stty -F /dev/ttyACM0 eof ^A

There is yet another problem. Every 15 s there is an interrupt in the communication for a second and the errorcounter is increased. I haven't figured out the cause of this yet.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 9.077 seconds