Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Re:Proview as HMI to Siemens S7?

Re:Proview as HMI to Siemens S7? 12 years 1 month ago #3321

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Mikko,

There is a preliminary implementation of a libnodave interface in the new V4.8.4 release. Configure with the Nodave_PLC and Nodave_Transaction objects. I have no hope that it will work without some adjustments, but I'm sure we can find a way to make it work.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Proview as HMI to Siemens S7? 12 years 1 month ago #3374

• frans
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Claes,

Is there some explanation on how to use this Nodave software?
I looked into the release notes and on this formum, but i didn't find much.
Still it is great to so that there are developments in connecting Proview to Siemens PLC's

Kind regards,

Frans

Re:Proview as HMI to Siemens S7? 12 years 1 month ago #3378

• HTRasmus
  • Gold Boarder
I Have a bunch of s7-300 and s7-400 cpu's in stock also ethernet communication processors et-200s couplers both profibus and profinet.

I have been doing alot of siemens programming for the last 10 years but i have no knowledge of c-programming what so ever but i would be more than happy to give my tribute to this implementation, as i think this is the only thing proview is actually missing.

I have a vpn setup for connecting to cp3xx ethernet cp and directly to 400 and 300 cpu. and i can do all testing with the mpi adapter but still i might need some help on the debug side of proview..

Have great day everybody

Re:Proview as HMI to Siemens S7? 12 years 1 month ago #3380

• HTRasmus
  • Gold Boarder
Okay Couldnt wait to get started so i just installed the latest proview on my devel.

I get an error when calling the nodave from the 100ms plcthread.

Failed to initialize io, %IO-E-ERRINIDEVICE, initialization device '%s*

Dont have a clue what this means but it seems likke the nodave device is never started. no error counts or anything like that.

Is the nodave installed with proview or should it be installed standalone and then proview calls the command?

Re:Proview as HMI to Siemens S7? 12 years 1 month ago #3381

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Rasmus and Frans,

I'm glad you wan't to test it and I'm sure we can make it work somehow. This is what you have to do to begin with.

1. Download libnodave http://libnodave.sourceforge.net

2. Unpack, build and install
> tar -xzvf libnodave-....tar.gz
> cd libnodave-...
> make
> sudo make install

3. Open the directory volume for the project and add a BuildOptions object under the NodeConfig object for the node. Set the Nodave option in SystemModules.

4. In the root volume, create a Nodave_PLC object in the node hierarchy and under this one or several Nodave_Transaction object. Specify the data area for the transaction with channel objects under the Nodave_Transaction object by creating channels of suitable type and specifying Representation.

5. Read in Object Reference Manual about the nodave objects (under the OtherIO map). You can also find the libnodave documentation here http://www.proview.se/misc/libnodave/index.html. The attributes in the objects are more or less arguments to the function calls described in this doc. And as I have no experience of Siemens PLC I don't know exactly how this configuration should be.

6. Add signal objects and a PlcPgm in the plant hierarchy and build the node.

/Claes

Re:Proview as HMI to Siemens S7? 12 years 1 month ago #3382

• HTRasmus
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks claes..

But still having problems. my nodave device is not initialized if call it as plc thread. and if i call it by io comm i get an error like
Nodave Plc, open socket error, volhjemme:nodes-hjemme-s7300
Time to create page: 9.068 seconds