Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Modbus RTU tutorial

Modbus RTU tutorial 11 years 11 months ago #3713

• ivanceccon
  • Senior Boarder
Hello Everybody I am trying to use Proview with some Modbus RTU devices, using Modbus_RTU_Master, Modbus_RTU_Slave and Modbus_RTU_Module.
I put all these object in NodeHier but I am new on that, can somebody help me?

For example where I put the slave address? I did not found it.
How to connect with the PlcProgram?

I try to follow Modbus TCP in the manual, but no success.

Thanks
Best Regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Modbus RTU tutorial 11 years 11 months ago #3716

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
Did you found this tutorial?
maba.dk/tutorial_modbus_rtu.pdf
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivanceccon

Re: Modbus RTU tutorial 11 years 11 months ago #3719

• ivanceccon
  • Senior Boarder
Hello MArc, yes I found but this one is not using Modbus_RTU_Master, Modbus_RTU_Slave and Modbus_RTU_Module. new Proview object, I guess with these object the task will be much easer when you have 100 slaves for example.

Other problem is that I did not find how to edit a subwindows, may be it is a bug, because I can't edit reaching the menu bar and put in edit it do not work, I have to learn more.

Thanks
BR

Re: Modbus RTU tutorial 11 years 11 months ago #3723

• cgarciaw
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

In Master you set com port parameters. With Slave you group modules. With Module you specify Modbus ID and function code, so if you want to R/W to a slave you need at least 2 modules per slave. The address in Module is used as address offset in the standard Modbus table. Use Uint16 for channel representation.

I am attaching a acreenshot of a working example controlled by the PLC. If you want manual control of R/W, disable Continous and use SendOp flag.

C.
Attachments:

Re: Modbus RTU tutorial 11 years 11 months ago #3724

• ivanceccon
  • Senior Boarder
Hello Cristian thanks for you reply your screenshot was very helpfull, but I still don't find where I put my modbus slave address, I have several devices with address 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 for example.
How can I indentify witch one I am reading or right? What is the process attritube? is it the modbus ID slave? if not where to put modbus ID?

Thanks
Best Regards
Last Edit: 11 years 11 months ago by ivanceccon.

Re: Modbus RTU tutorial 11 years 11 months ago #3725

• cgarciaw
  • Fresh Boarder
The modbus id goes in UnitId in module.

If you let the PLC control de R/W (Process=1 and specify PLC thread), then in each scan cycle the PLC will use the module properties to send a commands to all modules it controls. In the example case, the PLC will send one command to slave id = 1, command code = 03 (read holding registers), address = 0x0000 (default 40001). For Continous=1 R/W is automatic.

If you need manual control of read/write cyle, which is somewhat disarable for slow connections, you need to set Continous=0, and use the SendOp flag from PLC or application.

C.
Time to create page: 8.795 seconds