Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Class Volume object not present in the palette

Class Volume object not present in the palette 3 years 11 months ago #10641

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi All,
I just created a New Class Volume using a ClassVolumeConfig object in the directory volume.
What I did so far is:
- register the volume in the global volume list and declare it with the same project as my rootvolume
- add the ClassVolumeConfig in the directory volume of my project
- Create a ClassDef object in the class volume with few attributes to test
- Save and Build the class volume
- Open the root volume / edit and Update Classes.

Now I can see the new classvolume in the palette but not the object that I declare inside (the volume is empty)

I double checked the update classes function and no Local class volume is mentioned whihc I guess is where my issue starts. How to make my rootvolume aware of the class volume ? where is this configured ?

reading this last post : www.proview.se/v3/index.php/forum/3-help...palette?start=6#6912

I saved the directory volume twice but still no object appears in my class volume

Any help appreciated
Thank you
Snarf
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Class Volume object not present in the palette 3 years 10 months ago #10642

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Snarf,

The class volume is configured with a ClassVolumeConfig in the directory volume and shouldn't be configured anywhere else in the project.

When the class volume is built a dbs-file is created on $pwrp_load. When the root volume configurator is started (note that is has to be restarted) it will detect any changes in the class volume dbs-files and these will be inserted when Update Classes is activated.
Maybe you didn't restart the root volume configurator, or maybe the dbs-file is corrupt. The version of the dbs-file can be examined with wb_ldlist, and it can be opened from File/Open/Dbsfile in the menu. You can also see which volumes are loaded by the configurator from File/Open with All activated.

/Claes

Class Volume object not present in the palette 3 years 10 months ago #10643

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Claes,
My Class volume is only declared once in the directory volume (perhaps it was not clear in my description)

Not sure what you called the root volume "configurator" ? It is the main root volume window that is open using "open volume" when clicking on the rootvolume within the directory volume ? Because I don't know any other utility of that kind ?

If this is it, yes, I was aware that it needed to be restarted and did it several times without success.

Also I tried the open volume -> all and I can confirm my class volume is not present in the list.

But why ? this is where my question starts. What creates the relation between the class volume and the root volume ? I thought the ClassVolumeConfig was sufficient ? Is there anything else somewhere ? As my class volume can be open from the ClassVolumeConfig I guess the ClassVOlumeConfig is well configured but perhaps there is a trick somewhere.

Thanks
Snarf

Class Volume object not present in the palette 3 years 10 months ago #10644

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
No, there are no tricks, and if you have done all the steps you write this should be sufficient.
he volume configuration is stored in $pwrp_db/pwrp_cnf_volumelist.dat so you can check that the volume is present there with the correct name, volume id and volume class. These are the volume that are loaded when the configurator is opened. The volumes are loaded from dbs-file on $pwrp_load so you can also check that there is a valid dbs-file for the class volume and that is contains a class definition.

/Claes

Class Volume object not present in the palette 3 years 10 months ago #10645

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok so it's very strange.
Here attached some screenshots to confirm that:
- the class volume is correctly listed in $pwrp_db/pwrp_cnf_volumelist.dat
- VolumeId and name looks correct against GlobaVolumeList
- in $pwrp_load I can see the dbs file which contains the single class def object I have declared based on the attributes name that I can see

But in $pwrp_db/rootvolume.db/ I have all classical dbs but not the one corresponding the new class volume.

Tonight I will deleted all volume and restart the project because I don't know what could be wrong unfortunately

Snarf
Pwr_forum_1.png

Pwr_forum_2.png

Pwr_forum_3.png

Class Volume object not present in the palette 3 years 10 months ago #10663

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Claes,
There is definitely somehting I'm doing wrong using classvolume...
I recreated a brand new ubuntu 18.04 x64 virtual machine to restart the process from scratch
In this new machine I re installed Pwr57 from .deb package
I created a new project (ProjectReg) name "greenhouse" and in the directory Volume I added a ClassVolumeConfig named LibSnarf
I added this new volume in GlobalVolumeList and gave it id 0.0.249.1
Then I open back again the directory volume and tried to open the class volume.
Nothing happens except the following lines in dev console :
Wb opening wb_load-file /usr/local/pwrp/greenhouse/src/db/libsnarf.wb_load...

-- Building volume ������������			�
I rememeber last time the same occured and I had to copy another class volume .wbload file, renamed it and change he volume id in it to be able to open it but I guess this was not the normal process and perhaps the root cause of my previous issue.
So this time I'm stuck even one step earlier, I just can't open the class volume.
At what time and how is the wb_load file created from Proview GUI ?
Snarf
  • Page:
Time to create page: 8.486 seconds