Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Modbus TCP problems [solved]

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 3 months ago #583

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello,

Thanks for your help, i was able to get the value of the addresses i needed by decreasing by one the memory address i actually wanted to read; this directs me to another question, on my first example the data to read was expressed by the type unit32 following the big endians order; now i need to read another memory block which is of type float32, how do i get to do this conversion?; second, i will also need to read certain memory address which hold values expressed in the order of swapped floats, how do i change the bit ordering on the packet?. Thanks in advance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 3 months ago #584

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Canelon,

I'm sorry for the error with adress-assignment, this is a bug actually and will be fixed. One problem is though that the documentation for different modbus-devices sometimes describes there addresses in a wrong way.

There is currently no handling of floats in the implementation. It reads all 2 byte registers as if they are 16 bit integers with big endian representation (according to the standard). Currently you will have to mainpulate the data yourself to treat registers as a 32 bit float. I guess the easiest way is to receive float-32 values as one ChanIi with UInt32-representation and pass this via a transferfunction to a float-value. One has to make sure what type of float-representation is used.

On some modbus-devices I have seen values can be read as both floats and integers but on different adresses.

I'm sorry this was not so much of a help for you.

/Robert

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 3 months ago #587

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello

Thanks again for your help. i am going to try with a transferfunction; now, i have another question, what is the best way to apply one, through application programming? or is there some kind of function editor within the proview framework?

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 3 months ago #588

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Canelon,

The easiest way is to use a CArithm to call your transfer function. This is described in Designer's Guide, chapter 'Call Functions from the Plc program'.

It is also possible to build a function object, see the ClassEditor chapter.

/Claes

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 3 months ago #589

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello,

Regarding the chapter Call functions from the plc program in the designer's guide; on this chapter you describe the structure of the makefile for compiling my function, this file calls $pwrp_inc , $pwrp_exe and $pwrp_obj , now, my question is, this sample makefile refers to the directories created on the installation of proview or to the directories within my project; if it refers to the directories within my project, where do i get $pwrp_exe/pwrp_rules.mk. I tried to compile a makefile placing it on the directory /usr/pwr46/os_linx/hw_86/exp/src (which is the directory where the env variable $pwrp_src points) but I get an error during compilation that says that there was no rule to construct the target /pwrp/common/inc/ra_plc_user.h

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 3 months ago #590

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Canelon,

You should include the rules file from $pwr_exe, not $pwrp_exe.

/Claes
Time to create page: 8.336 seconds