Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Modbus TCP problems [solved]

Modbus TCP problems [solved] 15 years 10 months ago #254

• siamect
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Dear All again...

I have a Beckhoff BC9000 that talks Modbus tcp and everything seems normal looking at the communication with Wireshark sniffer. But the value I see as data in the message when I read doesn't go into the signal in the PLC program.
I have set up everything with ChanIi and a signal Int16 is connected and it goes into the PLC program where I store it into another signal.
The other direction works fine I can drag the slider and I see the value in the tcp message.

Tanks a lot.
Martin

Post edited by: siamect, at: 2008/06/05 05:06
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Modbus TCP problems 15 years 10 months ago #255

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hi !

I'm not sure you have configured everything correct. You should connect the channel to a signal of type Ii in the planthier. Also you should have connected the slave and the modules to a plcthread-object and the Process should be '1'. You can see what is read from the module in the Input-area in the slave object. Attribute named Inputs. Do you see any values there ? Also make sure the Address is correct of the area to read. Sometimes you should reduce it by 1 compared to what the documentation for your i/o says.

You should also check the status on the input-module. Is it OK ?

Note also that there is a new Proview-package to download since the 2 of june. This has some bugfixes in the Modbus-area.

/Robert

Re:Modbus TCP problems 15 years 10 months ago #256

• siamect
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks for you quick response... i get better support here than I get for my expensive Beckhoff TwinCAT... :)
You should connect the channel to a signal of type Ii in the planthier.
Ok

Also you should have connected the slave and the modules to a plcthread-object and the Process should be '1'.
Ok

You can see what is read from the module in the Input-area in the slave object. Attribute named Inputs. Do you see any values there ?
No value here.

Also make sure the Address is correct of the area to read. Sometimes you should reduce it by 1 compared to what the documentation for your i/o says.
Ok

You should also check the status on the input-module. Is it OK ?
Ok

Note also that there is a new Proview-package to download since the 2 of june. This has some bugfixes in the Modbus-area.
I will try with the new version.
I will keep you informed about the sitation after i upgraded.

Thanks and best regards
Martin

Re:Modbus TCP problems 15 years 10 months ago #257

• siamect
  • Expert Boarder
The new version fixed the problems so now it works as expected.

Thanks a bunch...
Martin

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 3 months ago #572

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello, i am working with proview version 4.6.1-1 on an ubuntu 9.04 machine; i am trying to get some data from a modbus tcp device; i am following the IO guide and everything on my configuration seems fine according to the documentation, however when i start the server i get no data at all from the device; when i check the status of the modbus_tcp_slave IO it says the connection is on normal state but on the inputs i see no data, also when i check the status of the modbus_module attached to it, it says statusunknown. i am too using wireshark to see if there is any traffic from my server to the modbus device and i can see the incoming and outgoing packages. thanks in advance

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 3 months ago #573

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hello Canelon,

I think if you follwoed the documentation in the \"Guide to I/O-systems\" your configuration will be incorrect. On the top level, above the Modbus_TCP_Slave-object there should be a Modbus_Master-object. This is missing in the documentation. Sorry for this, will be fixed in next release. You will find this class in the palette under Allclasses-Otherio-Modbus_Master. Also the Modbus_Master-object need to be connected to a plc-thread.

In case you have already configured like this I need som more input on your exact config.

/Robert
Time to create page: 8.459 seconds