Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Modbus TCP problems [solved]

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 3 months ago #574

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your help, it is now working as expected!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 3 months ago #575

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello.

My connections are now working and i am able to read some addresses on my slave device; i have another problem though, when i try to use another modbus_module i can't connect to the slave device, is there a way to be able to read multiple blocks of registers on the same device (i tried to achieve this on the same threat and also configuring another threat and creating another configuration for the same device, but still not working). thanks in advance

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 3 months ago #576

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
I guess you mean that you have more than one Modbus_Module on the same slave. Some devices can't handle multiple requests at the same time. Try setting the attribute 'SingelOp' in the slave-object. This means only one operation is handled at a time.

/Robert

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 3 months ago #577

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello again

Let me explain my problem, i have a modbus device that reads inputs from an electric installation, on my test i am trying to read 4 registers starting from address 12000; 12000 and 12001 hold the value from the pulses on a defined input card of device and address 12002 and 12003 hold the value from another input card; on my plant configuration i am trying to achieve this operation, but when i define the chandi and chanli channels i only get the data from the first 2 registers and the others are not read. the configuration is the following for a modbus_module (fc3(readholdingregisters); address 12000; unitID 1, continius YES), is on the image attached

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 3 months ago #578

• canelon
  • Expert Boarder
Hello again

Let me explain my problem, i have a modbus device that reads inputs from an electric installation, on my test i am trying to read 4 registers starting from address 12000; 12000 and 12001 hold the value from the pulses on a defined input card of device and address 12002 and 12003 hold the value from another input card; on my plant configuration i am trying to get the data from this addresses, but when i define the chandi and chanli channels i only get the data from the first 2 registers and the others are not read.

Post edited by: canelon, at: 2010/01/22 20:40

Re:Modbus TCP problems 14 years 3 months ago #581

• robert
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Canelon,

The number of registers that will be read depends on what channel that are configured and what representation they have. To read one register you can for example configure one ChanIi with representation UInt16. If you have ChanDi's with representation Bit16 it is important that the attribute Number is set correct. You should number them 0-15. The first ChanDi in the next register should again be numbered 0.

Could you please explain what is your actual configuration?

/Robert
Time to create page: 8.854 seconds