Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Help with Redhat build

Help with Redhat build 7 years 3 weeks ago #8846

The pwrp set base command was what I was missing!

It worked!

Whooohooo!

This process has been a reminder to me as to how amazingly complex and capable Proview is.
My hat is off to you Claes, SSAB, and all of your developers.

I hope that through my efforts, I and UF can contribute back in some small way.

Thanks again... and more to go.
Last Edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by MattBerglund. Reason: Playing with images...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help with Redhat build 7 years 3 weeks ago #8848

It does start up, but when I go to add a project, it crashes.
-- Error, unable to open file '$pwrp_root/src/db/pwrp_cnf_volumelist.dat'
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

After some poking around, it looks like pwrp_env.sh isn't setting the environment variables as expected.
I believe that $pwrp_root should be set after the initial pwrp set base command, but instead it is empty.
[matt@localhost pv2]$ pwrp_env.sh show base
Current base: /home/matt/pv2/pwr_5.4.0
[matt@localhost pv2]$ pwrp show base
Current base: /home/matt/pv2/pwr_5.4.0
[matt@localhost pv2]$ echo $pwrp_root

[matt@localhost pv2]$

Am I crazy or on the right track?

Thanks!

Help with Redhat build 7 years 3 weeks ago #8849

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
$pwrp_root is the root of the project tree so it's defined when the project is created. It's the directory specified in ProjectReg.Path and it seems as if the project tree hasn't been created. To be able to create the tree you should have write access to the parent directory of ProjectReg.Path, and it should exist.

/Claes

Help with Redhat build 7 years 3 weeks ago #8850

It seems to be working, now that I correctly created the project.
It does seem that if you haven't created a project and you middle click on the window in edit mode, it segfaults.

Thanks again, I'll keep you apprised.

-Matt

Help with Redhat build 7 years 2 weeks ago #8876

As a (hopefully) final note related to this, there are some errors being generated.
The most common is a font related error:
(wb:3729): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_gc_set_font: assertion 'font != NULL' failed
(rt_xtt:3842): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_gc_set_font: assertion 'font != NULL' failed

They don't appear to be show stoppers, but are they preventable?

This would seem to be the last hurdle for me to call the scripts "up-to-date" with RHEL/CentOS/Fedora, and that is that I don't have access to everything in the optional list. I may not be the best guy to evaluate some of those pieces of software (java).

This is the output of the current shell script (Optional Results Only):
Optional :
...Checking No jni
...Checking No jni
...Checking No motif
...Checking Yes mysql
...Checking Yes sqlite3
...Checking Yes libsqlite3
...Checking No hdf5
...Checking Yes libhdf5
...Checking No mq
...Checking No wmq
...Checking No libprofinet
...Checking Yes libusb
...Checking No powerlink
...Checking No powerlinkcn
...Checking No libpcap
...Checking Yes librsvg
...Checking Yes gst
...Checking Yes gst
...Checking No mq
...Checking No wmq
...Checking No cifx
...Checking No nodave
...Checking No powerlink
...Checking No powerlinkuser
...Checking Yes rsvg
...Checking No android

Questions:
1. Can openjava be used to satisfy jni inclusion or does it have to be the commercial variety? Has openjava been tested?
2. Motif is available, and I verified that it can be found on one install test, so I assume it compiles. I have no need of it.
3. hdf5 seems to be looking for openmpi. The file mpi.h.no is not something I'm familiar with (and I have some contact with openmpi). I can't seem to find that in any of the openmpi packages. Can you instruct me as to where this comes from?
4. mq/wmq: If understand correctly these are message brokers for other software. I don't have enough information to go on, but one looks like it is for websphere, and I don't currently have access.
5. Profinet: Don't have access, and I'd love to have access.
6. Powerlink: This I can install/check/and test *if* openpowerlink is an acceptable replacement for powerlink?
7. libpcap: UPDATE done (from standard packages)
8. CIFX: I don't have access. I may end up purchasing these cards, so this may change.
9. libnodave: UPDATE: is found and works (from source, no package exists)
10. Can you explain why powerlink is being looked at again, this second time (same for mq/wmq)?
11. Android: I would like to eventually do this, but this needs to be low priority for me, as we cannot use mobile devices with our system.

Will not verifying for any of these prevent acceptance of my patch?
Is there any software here that is more important than the others?

Are there any of these that someone can make available to me for use in assuring correct operation?

Thanks,
Matt
Last Edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by MattBerglund.

Help with Redhat build 7 years 2 weeks ago #8882

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Matt,
1. Can openjava be used to satisfy jni inclusion or does it have to be the commercial variety? Has openjava been tested?
Yes, both the public and our internal V5.5.0 release is built with openjava.
2. Motif is available, and I verified that it can be found on one install test, so I assume it compiles. I have no need of it.
By default Proview is built with GTK, but it is still possible to build with Motif, although the Motif version hasn't been updated for long and the functionality is limited. When building with Motif, motif is specified in the build command. Otherwise this module is not required.
3. hdf5 seems to be looking for openmpi. The file mpi.h.no is not something I'm familiar with (and I have some contact with openmpi). I can't seem to find that in any of the openmpi packages. Can you instruct me as to where this comes from?
It's in libopenmpi-dev.
4. mq/wmq: If understand correctly these are message brokers for other software. I don't have enough information to go on, but one looks like it is for websphere, and I don't currently have access.
Yes, wmq is websphere, and mq is a Linux version of PAMS/DMQ once from Digital Equipment. We still use it but no one else seems to know anything about it.
5. Profinet: Don't have access, and I'd love to have access.
Good luck.
6. Powerlink: This I can install/check/and test *if* openpowerlink is an acceptable replacement for powerlink?
It is openpowerlink that you should use.
7. libpcap: UPDATE done (from standard packages)
Only needed if Powerlink is used.
8. CIFX: I don't have access. I may end up purchasing these cards, so this may change.
We made an interface to this card as an alternative to the Softing Profinet stack. As the Softing stack worked well we haven't tested the Hischer CIFX card since then (eight years ago). Now there is a cheap mini version of CIFX, NetHat, for Rasberry Pi that would be interesting to test.
9. libnodave: UPDATE: is found and works (from source, no package exists)
10. Can you explain why powerlink is being looked at again, this second time (same for mq/wmq)?
There is one for inlcude files and one for archives. The reason is to find the path to the include file for the compiler, and the path to the archive for the linker.
11. Android: I would like to eventually do this, but this needs to be low priority for me, as we cannot use mobile devices with our system.
The Android app is still an Eclipse project and probably has to be migrated to Android Studio before it can be built on newer releases.

/Claes
Time to create page: 9.176 seconds