Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Help with Redhat build

Help with Redhat build 7 years 4 weeks ago #8884

Claes,
Thanks again for all your feedback.
I want to try two more installs (or so) on my end, and then the whole process will go to some colleges that can verify my procedure, and then I will submit the patch. I'm guessing another week or two.
But, at least for the RHEL 7 family, everything should compile (and I've already verified that most things run).

3...It's in libopenmpi-dev.
I can't find any .no files in any of the available openmpi packages? mpi.h is easily found, will this be sufficient?
4...mq is a Linux version of PAMS/DMQ once from Digital Equipment
Do you happen to know where a repository is for this? I've looked pretty high and pretty low, and I don't even see any references to Digital Equipment. If nothing else, would it be possible for you to place a git repository of this up?
5...Profinet...Good luck.
Yikes! I'd like to talk more about this, and protocols in general. Which ones are "good", which ones are "bad", and which of the "good" are available for proview, regardless of cost. Obviously, higher cost makes a protocol less available.
7...Only needed if Powerlink is used.
Would you find it unreasonable for me to group those checks with comments, so future generations will have a better idea of which pieces go together? I'm not a great programmer, but I'm capable of adding "crunch" lines.
8...Now there is a cheap mini version of CIFX, NetHat, for Rasberry Pi
This is really cool, but for the time being, I'll have to stick to regular cards. I'll never get management buy-in on PI related stuff. In my private time, though...
11. Android...
This will have to wait for slices. I can't, yet, devote the time to it given my time line. I'm planning to have a generalized (Proview) historian up in the next two months, so that needs to be my priority.

Thank you again,
Matt
Last Edit: 7 years 4 weeks ago by MattBerglund.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help with Redhat build 7 years 4 weeks ago #8889

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Matt,

3. .no is a dirty fix to not compile with HDF5.

4. The version we have actually was called BEA MessageQ, but it wasn't free software so we can't make it public. We use it a lot, but as we can't find any 64 bit Linux version we have to switch to something else.

7. Good idea.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 7.372 seconds