TOPIC: Help with Redhat build

Help with Redhat build 7 years 1 month ago #8839

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
Hi Matt,

The command to build tools_pdrgen is

> pwre build tools/exe tools_pdrgen src

I think you should reduce the length of the path to the source and build tree. There are problems with long filenames.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help with Redhat build 7 years 1 month ago #8841

And we have lift off!
This time things took a while as the compiles actually started. The build process does not like long names, this is confirmed here, for sure!

It failed on the librsvg path, but I think I have that figured.

Thanks for the help, with luck I'll have it before I leave tonight!

Thanks again,
Matt

Help with Redhat build 7 years 1 month ago #8842

And, no.
/home/matt/pv2/pwrsrc_5.4.0-1/xtt/exe/rt_xtt/gtk/.os_linux/.hw_x86_64
Linking /home/matt/pv2/pwr_5.4.0/os_linux/hw_x86_64/xtt/exe/rt_xtt
/home/matt/pv2/pwr_5.4.0/os_linux/hw_x86_64/xtt/lib/libpwr_glow_gtk.a(glow_draw_gtk.o): In function `GlowDrawGtk::image_scale(int, int, void*, void**, void**, void**, void**)':
/home/matt/pv2/pwrsrc_5.4.0-1/xtt/lib/glow/gtk/.os_linux/.hw_x86_64/../../glow_draw_gtk.cpp:3082: undefined reference to `rsvg_handle_get_base_uri'
/home/matt/pv2/pwrsrc_5.4.0-1/xtt/lib/glow/gtk/.os_linux/.hw_x86_64/../../glow_draw_gtk.cpp:3083: undefined reference to `rsvg_pixbuf_from_file_at_size'
/home/matt/pv2/pwr_5.4.0/os_linux/hw_x86_64/xtt/lib/libpwr_glow_gtk.a(glow_draw_gtk.o): In function `GlowDrawGtk::image_load(char*, void**, void**, void**)':
/home/matt/pv2/pwrsrc_5.4.0-1/xtt/lib/glow/gtk/.os_linux/.hw_x86_64/../../glow_draw_gtk.cpp:3109: undefined reference to `rsvg_handle_new_from_file'
/home/matt/pv2/pwrsrc_5.4.0-1/xtt/lib/glow/gtk/.os_linux/.hw_x86_64/../../glow_draw_gtk.cpp:3111: undefined reference to `rsvg_pixbuf_from_file'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [/home/matt/pv2/pwr_5.4.0/os_linux/hw_x86_64/xtt/exe/rt_xtt] Error 1
himBH

It looks like something in rsvg can't be found or has changed in this revision.
I'm using librsvg2-devel-2.39.0-1.

Help with Redhat build 7 years 1 month ago #8843

After a couple hours of work, I finally saw the issue:
The librsvg-2.so file path was not correct.

It compiled. I'll tinker with the configure file some more to get all the (available) optional packages working. Then I'll update the install document, and get that into the patches forum.

Thanks for the help Claes, I appreciate it.

Now, hopefully, it runs.

Help with Redhat build 7 years 1 month ago #8844

One last question:
So, is there a definitive guide on how to go from "it has compiled" to "this is how you start it from the command line?"

I've looked over the designer's and developer's guides thoroughly. I have also looked at the MaBa wiki and I see a process for installation on the Pi, which looks like a reasonable guide.

From reading (and performing) the build-howto.txt, it looks like all that needs to be done is add the two lines and make sure the permissions are setup correctly?
This makes it look like we can run directly from the build directory?
Do I have to add a pwrp user or can I simply run the dev environment from the same user that built the system?
It can't be that simple (especially when compared to the Pi installation), can it?

Thanks for any direction!

On a positive note, I have managed to start several of the components (wb_rtt, xtt, etc) and they seem to attempt their functions!
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by MattBerglund.

Help with Redhat build 7 years 1 month ago #8845

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 502
I think you should add this command

> pwrp set base X5.4.0 (or whatever you call the version in pwr_projectlist.dat)

and then start the administrator with

> pwra

You should be able to use the same user.

/Claes
Time to create page: 7.301 seconds