Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: IO guide question

Re:IO guide question 13 years 3 months ago #1473

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 504
Hi Marc and Snarf,

Snarf, he sketch is included in the Proivew package and you'll find it on $pwrp_inc. See the I/O guide for more information.

I also had problems with arduino on 64-bit, and as I already had it installed on 32-bit I didn't dig deeper into it. But if you don't have a 32-bit Ubuntu close by, you can also install arduino on a Windows or Mac PC to upload the sketch.

Marc, V4.8.1 will support also the analog channels, and if everything runs smoothly you won't have to wait so long.

/Claes
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:IO guide question 13 years 3 months ago #1474

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
Thanks Claes,

I am not going to call you a digital artist, nice guy, clever (\"scandinavian\") neighbor or binary magician anymore but thats what you are.
Be proud to work for SSAB with all your colleagues at your side. I have no clue what the marketing idea is behind (SSAB ) Proview, but It can't be unethical or inhumane, if SSAB is following the spirit of the Swedish people I have met the last 10 years because of living just over the bridge....

/Marc

Post edited by: marc, at: 2011/01/22 11:10
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.

Re:IO guide question 13 years 3 months ago #1475

• marc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70

Post edited by: marc, at: 2011/01/22 11:08
Please, use the Wiki if you succeeded your project or solved your problem. Share your work, so we can learn from each other.

Re:IO guide question 13 years 3 months ago #1477

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi all,

Thanks Claes for the advice on Arduino development installation...

I used Win7 (x64) and thanks to the good explanation on the Arduino Website on how to install drivers , you're sketch is now loaded.

I inserted my first Arduino modules into my proview program and got my first LED blinking
It's so strange how few little things can make me happy !!

Thanks for your excellent job and documentation in I/O guide ...

I will revert when I have tested analog in and out at a quicker rate than the default baud settings but I need to play with some electronics first...

Bye

Snarf

Re:IO guide question 13 years 3 months ago #1478

• Snarf77
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Claes,

Really sorring to spam the forum and to waste your time but I can't succeed in having any signal on the pwm output of the module. Could you share with me the config you use for the ChanAo object you probably used to test it ?
Personally I use:
Actual signal (0-100 %) : percentage of speed to be displayed in my example
Signal value = (0 - 5 V) but should be = channel value (I set OutPolyType = 0)
Channel value = (0 - 5 V)
Raw value = (0 - 255 pts) accordig to the 10bits pwm precision given in the Arduino doc.

Is there something to manage in the Ao signal object which is connected to the Channel Object ?

Is there a feature to view the resulting raw value or better to be able to force it directly in order to check the hardware and \"driver\" ?

Stupid other question: How can I be sure to run the right version of the package you send ? is there somewhere a version date or something I can look for ?

The only difference I saw compared to the guide is the plc process which is set to 1 for you and for the moment to 2 for me but as you explained me last time, this should not matter the result but only the scheduling of the io access..

Many thanks in advance

Snarf

PS: post edited after further test and better (but limited) understanding....

Post edited by: Snarf77, at: 2011/01/24 17:47

Re:IO guide question 13 years 3 months ago #1482

• claes
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 504
Hi Snarf,

There is a bug in the sketch on line 185.

[code:1]if ( msgSize == aoSize) { [/code:1]

should be

[code:1]if ( msgSize == aoCnt) {[/code:1]

Sorry about that.

I have OutPolyType set to 1, but I don't think it matters. You can see the rawvalue in the connected Ao object, but you cannot set it. It is possible to set a test value but this is in enginering units.

The menu entry Help/About Proview in the configurator shows the current package.

/Claes
Time to create page: 9.476 seconds